Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#318766 by Bookwyrm83
Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:21 pm
Re-starting this thread because a local "politician" is planning to appear in a Titanic sequel:
http://au.news.yahoo.com/qld/a/19482482 ... c-ii-film/

First, for those who aren't aware of Australian politics, this guy is the owner of a mining corporation and an effective windbag. The fact that he has a valid party and seats in Parliament goes to show how haphazard this country has become. He's also in league with the Motoring-Enthusiast party. Yes. That is real.

Second, there was already a Titanic II:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1640571/

I can only hope this is a prank due to a slow news day. Then again, if is real...you can make your own joke, really.
#318772 by JuZ
Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:11 am
Good to have you back :D
#322690 by Bookwyrm83
Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:50 am
And here's another article to restart the thread. Apparently, any Ebola cases found in Australia will likely be non-fatal:
https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/25318923/no ... t-experts/

Who are these people bullshitting? Even with such adequate care and possibility of early detection, that's no guarantee there won't be any fatalities, considering more than half the people who get this disease die from it. I smell propaganda.
With that said, considering how strict this country is with quarantine, it's unlikely the disease will even reach these shores. Ideally.
#322692 by swervedriver
Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:58 am
Don't zombie movies usually start like that?
#322704 by JuZ
Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:31 pm
Don't we all kind of feel like we're living the opening scenes of a zombie movie (with a bit of terrorism thrown in)?

I might have to have a quick play of Plague on my phone now, really get into the spirit.
#322705 by Cosmic Sea
Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:35 pm
Kinoko Girly... And I thought Flappy Bird was beyond dump. :roll: Seriously, a game where the single and only point is to try and make as many consecutive correct binary choices? ...And with leaderboards and unlockable outfits?! :shock: This has to be a joke, right? You know, to point out the dumbing-down of contemporary casual mobile gaming.

Can't help but wonder if it's just me who's a funny old fart for much rather having this:
yeah, that OTG adapter + Super Smartjoy + SNES controller combo is rather bulky for carrying around and whipping out in the commuter train or bus, but I think I should do that some time, just for the heck of it. And to see the reactions of all the kids with their Flappy Birds and Candy Crush Sagas. :D
Last edited by Cosmic Sea on Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
#323535 by Faffy
Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:18 am
I'm at work. I'm not clicking that link. :o

Somewhat WTF-related. I have a friend on facebook (well, in real life too. She's in the same group of friends as me since we went to school together) who posts updates and photos of her geckos All.The.Time. I'm not joking. Several times a day. Each time, equally uninteresting. I just don't get it. :| I mean. She's the type that would go into a cynical rant if someone posted more than three photos of their newborn baby. In addition to that she's also made a separate Tumblr page for them.
#323552 by Kleo
Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:25 am
My cats have tumblr, Instagram, and have taken over my Facebook as well as Twitter. It started innocently enough. Then I realized that it made things much easier for those following me. Get into the non-fluff issues and they need to DO SOMETHING, MAN when there is nothing that can be done. Now if my lap is full of warm blessed out cats at least something is right in my world. But honestly look and see if she has a secret psychological study you may be an unwilling lab rat.