Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#194557 by Leechmaster
Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:19 pm
So I was working today... I work with leather, for those who don't read the jobs thread. Making belts and stuff. And I was spooning through the American order sheets, seeing what needed to be done. And they're usually full of larger (Mostly XL and XXL) sized belts. And to my shock I came across one order, the first one I've ever come across up in the factory, with nothing bigger than size L! I was shocked. 3 Small, 5 Medium, 7 Large. My boss passed and I was like "I've never seen an American order made up of entirely smaller sizes!". To which he replied - "Yeah, it doesn't happen often. That's a kids shop, actually."

KIDS SHOP??? Not even teenagers. Kids. 7 large belts! That's a 38 waist (in our sizing, dunno what it is elsewhere). I'm not even a large and I'm a chubbert. I was amazed... I'm not saying America is 100% obese, I know it's not, but the orders we get are always full of large sizes. And I read that 1 in 5 four year old children in the US are obese but... Bloody hell. I was shocked. I've never seen or even thought about a pre-pubescent kid being that big.
#194572 by Biert
Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:31 pm
I think my pants are 32 in the waist?

My WTF of the day: saw someone talking to herself. Not too unusual, except it was in sign language...
#194583 by AlucardXIX
Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:27 pm
Leechmaster wrote:So I was working today... I work with leather, for those who don't read the jobs thread. Making belts and stuff. And I was spooning through the American order sheets, seeing what needed to be done. And they're usually full of larger (Mostly XL and XXL) sized belts. And to my shock I came across one order, the first one I've ever come across up in the factory, with nothing bigger than size L! I was shocked. 3 Small, 5 Medium, 7 Large. My boss passed and I was like "I've never seen an American order made up of entirely smaller sizes!". To which he replied - "Yeah, it doesn't happen often. That's a kids shop, actually."

KIDS SHOP??? Not even teenagers. Kids. 7 large belts! That's a 38 waist (in our sizing, dunno what it is elsewhere). I'm not even a large and I'm a chubbert. I was amazed... I'm not saying America is 100% obese, I know it's not, but the orders we get are always full of large sizes. And I read that 1 in 5 four year old children in the US are obese but... Bloody hell. I was shocked. I've never seen or even thought about a pre-pubescent kid being that big.

There are a lot of very fat people here. I'm not innocent, I'm not thin.

But there really aren't as many fat kids as you'd think. Fat parents tend to have bigger kids. Because you know, dont try and fix your problems and bring your kids up right, just bring them up the way you live and make them fat along with you.

That's the travesty: fat parents who dont try to teach their kids differently.
#194584 by Zyprexa
Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:27 pm
I saw two people ARGUING in sign language once. They looked really angry, furrowed brows and the whole thing. Their gestures were really violent and agitated. It was across a road, a really busy one - the traffic was really loud. I doubt they could've heard each other if they were shouting, but they seemed to be able to interpret the signs no problem.

Leechy just commented that it would be cool for mute people to have inflatable hands, so that would be the equivalent of people who can speak shouting after another person. Hmmm.

Edit:
AlucardXIX wrote:But there really aren't as many fat kids as you'd think. Fat parents tend to have bigger kids. Because you know, dont try and fix your problems and bring your kids up right, just bring them up the way you live and make them fat along with you.

That's the travesty: fat parents who dont try to teach their kids differently.

What I find more annoying is mother's like Leechy's. She was brought up eating fantastic, healthy, wholesome meals and she has the AUDACITY to feed her children crap food, just because she's too fucking lazy to put the effort into cooking proper food.
#194737 by Leechmaster
Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:09 am
I know every kid wouldn't be fat over there... But still. Statistics about the obesity levels in youth don't lie (usually) and no kid should EVER have a waist that big. It's seriously, seriously messed up, in my opinion.
#194746 by BrunoN
Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:30 am
Leechmaster wrote:I know every kid wouldn't be fat over there... But still. Statistics about the obesity levels in youth don't lie (usually) and no kid should EVER have a waist that big. It's seriously, seriously messed up, in my opinion.

We used to order t-shirts in US stores with my brother, either band's shirts or ones with smug captions (my bro like ones like these with "drunk n homeless" stylized on dunkin donuts logo or something). Anyway, these shirts are usually made in some quite exotic places like Indonesia or Mexico. They're generally great quality and fitting sizes. The only one that was "made in USA" was ordered in same size as the rest (XL - I like when they're bit too big), and it was GIGANTIC, you could fit two people like me in it with plenty of spare space. Really makes you wonder.
#194752 by Amber
Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:11 am
They're making a Jade Goody musical...

:?
#194762 by Leechmaster
Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:29 am
Apparently there's also talk of a film.

I'm going to leave this post at that, or I'll spend the rest of the afternoon typing the most hate-filled message I can possibly conjure up. I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR ABOUT HER AFTER DEATH, I HEARD ENOUGH ABOUT HER WHEN SHE WAS ALIVE.

*deep breath, exit*
#194938 by djskrimp
Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:47 am
Leechmaster wrote:Apparently there's also talk of a film.

I'm going to leave this post at that, or I'll spend the rest of the afternoon typing the most hate-filled message I can possibly conjure up. I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR ABOUT HER AFTER DEATH, I HEARD ENOUGH ABOUT HER WHEN SHE WAS ALIVE.

*deep breath, exit*

Nothing humbles a person like death. I hope something positive can come of it.
#196499 by Abydost
Sat May 02, 2009 10:06 am
Stumbled upon a big wtf moment in town today. No pictures though, sadly.
It seems there was an anime convention or something of sorts today, because I saw a gang of about 30 people dressed up walking around. I saw 2 female pikachus, suit and yellow facepaint and everything, I saw a WoW warlock, a bear (wtf?), a Sephiroth if that's correct and some other halfnekkid dudes with long hair and swords. I lol'd.
#196534 by Devy, spelled Devy!
Sat May 02, 2009 2:05 pm
Abydost wrote:a bear (wtf?), a Sephiroth if that's correct and some other halfnekkid dudes with long hair and swords. I lol'd.

lol a bear?

The guys with long hair and swords reminds me of that CapitolOne credit card ad, where those teenage boys are dressed like 'Vikings' and keep yelling METAL-CON!!!" Anyone know what I'm talking about? That was kind of WTF? when I first saw it. But I did laugh!
#196625 by Wander
Sun May 03, 2009 11:11 am
AlucardXIX wrote:Sephiroth=the shit. Best video game villain evar.

Nah, just the cheesiest.

Had a WTF moment at school some time ago when we were eating some snacks in the dining hall with my friends. It was completely empty at that time, cause everyone else had a class at that point. The hall is full of tables as every dining hall and I just jokingly commented that it would be pretty cool to run through the whole hall jumping from one table to other at speed... So there goes my friend, jumps to our table and goes on to leap from table to to table through the whole hall almost knocking a couple of over, but amazingly surviving without a bigger incident.

Then we find out that a cleaner was watching the whole thing and shouts "You boys are really childish for high school students!!". I almost fell down from my chair in laughter.
#196626 by islandsinthesky
Sun May 03, 2009 11:14 am
AlucardXIX wrote:Sephiroth=the shit. Best video game villain evar.

Maybe not the best, but definitely most influential.

Which is a pity. That role should go to Rip Torn in "Beastmaster".
#196786 by NSTbedtime
Mon May 04, 2009 8:14 pm
Leechmaster wrote:So I was working today... I work with leather, for those who don't read the jobs thread. Making belts and stuff. And I was spooning through the American order sheets, seeing what needed to be done. And they're usually full of larger (Mostly XL and XXL) sized belts. And to my shock I came across one order, the first one I've ever come across up in the factory, with nothing bigger than size L! I was shocked. 3 Small, 5 Medium, 7 Large. My boss passed and I was like "I've never seen an American order made up of entirely smaller sizes!". To which he replied - "Yeah, it doesn't happen often. That's a kids shop, actually."

Ammeeeeeerrrrrriiiiiica, America, god shed his grace on thee.
lol kraft mac n' cheese builds muscles mass.

I like the show flapjack. I guess im alone on this because my kid cousins recently informed me,
"that that show is GGGGAAAAYYY!" :| they said it at the same time too. the fuck?
little bastards. no beef stew for them.