Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#190778 by Zyprexa
Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:52 am
Wandering around Paris has been an interesting experience. The diversity and open-mindedness of people here is brilliant, which got me thinking: I'm sure it's just as diverse almost everywhere else in the world, so I've decided to start this "What the fuck!?" thread. Where people can explain quirky anecdotes about things they see and stuff... Photos are great but not completely necessary!

So I'll get the ball rolling!

We were standing in the queue for Notre Dame today and a couple of people ahead of us was a tour group. For the entire time we stood there (just shy of an hour) this man, who I initially assumed to be the father of the guy he was standing behind, was rubbing... no... scratching. No, rubbing... that guy's back. Subsequently it appeared as though he was merely a teacher or guide of this little tour group. Perhaps it was his love child. Or maybe his little toy boy. I guess I'll never know.

And don't even get me started on the Spanish guy with the Elvis hair.

Also, all across Paris, on the traffic lights there is a button so blind people can know when it's safe to cross the (really dangerous) roads. On many of them, there's a sticker of a blind man walking along with his stick. But then on some, there are joke(?) stickers where they show the blind people doing rather naughty things. As you can see:

Anyone who reads my posts (nobody!?) may notice this is written in a peculiar style; that's because Leechy wrote out what I dictated to him. I unfortunately did not have the chance to be my usual Grammar-Fuhrer self. I am actually an autistic loser who has an obsession with grarmoryo30u94i j ioj3 IAM NOT SAYIN G ANYO F THIS

tl;dr: post shit that makes you go "Gee golly gosh mister, that's awful queer!".
#190779 by Amber
Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:02 am
Heehee that is some hair.
When I was in Paris the french seemed to automatically assume I was French for how I looked.So telling them I spoke English in French was a little 'wtf?' :P

Although I think the best one was an Italian guy, speaking to me in English, while in Norway. :D
#190813 by Leechmaster
Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:06 pm
PLEASE RESPOND.
#190846 by sj_2150
Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:39 pm
Leechmaster wrote:Image
PLEASE RESPOND.

fucking BRUTAL :o
#190885 by Lettuce
Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:54 am
LMAO.

I once had a maths teacher who stroked the girls' hair when they wern't looking.
#191042 by swervedriver
Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:38 am
Hey, me too! Well, except that instead of stroking their hair he'd stare at their chests..

While this one happened a while ago, it's still very funny. I was sitting in the train, stopped at a station and saw a little boy outside on the platform who was waving to a friend/parent/whatever. As the train started pulling out of the station the boy walked backwards, vigorously waving to another person on the train. Train speeds up, boy walks a little faster, still going backwards.

Cue stationary steel pole. :D
#191056 by Zyprexa
Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:51 am
The time for words has passed.
#191057 by Leechmaster
Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:20 am
Zyprexa wrote:Image
The time for words has passed.

:o
#191064 by Persuader
Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:00 am
Today at lunch I was purchasing a sallad at this take away place when a guy came up to me..

- DID YOU SEE THAT C*NT MOTHERF*CKER ON TV??!! THAT C*NT, DID YOU SEE HIM?

- Nooo....

*guy walks away*

:?:
#191109 by BrunoN
Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:45 pm
This is what I've seen after querying amazon store for MIDI keyboards (some time ago, but kept the screenshot):

I don't know what to make of it. Stay away from keyboard players?
#191136 by Leechmaster
Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:14 am
BrunoN wrote:This is what I've seen after querying amazon store for MIDI keyboards (some time ago, but kept the screenshot):

I don't know what to make of it. Stay away from keyboard players?

Is it not obvious?? You brutally slay your victim, then you go away and play the Super Mario Theme Tune to cheer yourself up. It works well to ease you back into reality after the surreal event of murder. Trust me.
#191141 by Biert
Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:35 am
That's what happens with web 2.0 apps and a small cloud.
#191184 by Zyprexa
Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:44 pm
Speaking of clouds.

We were eating rubbishy chipper food by a big huge pond in our area (called the Lough, it's a mile in circumference!) and throwing bits of batter and peas to the ducks yesterday. It was nice and cool for a while, then all the warmth disappeared and it suddenly became unpleasantly windy. Leechy looked up and said "Fucking Africa, stealing our sun!" I laughed; because being the intellectual that I am, I knew that Africa has a rather temperate climate, hurrrrrr. Then I looked up...

THERE WAS AFRICA.

IN THE FUCKING SKY.

(Mark concedes that in retrospect, it actually looks more like South America. But the fact that it's a warmer island than Ireland was implied. Anyway the wind blew it out of shape a bit before I whipped out my phone to take the picture.)

tl;dr: NOOOO THEY BE STEALIN MY BUCKET