Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#313728 by Faffy
Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:32 pm
Leechmaster wrote:Eli's gonna love this one...

Unicorn Lair "Discovered" in North Korea

Scientific discoveries in totalitarian states are the best kinds of scientific discoveries. :D
#313792 by Biert
Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:14 pm
Meh wrote:The Dev makes 9gag...

http://9gag.com/gag/5993915

Although a bit hurtful seeing the ignorant making fun of him - the photo was for us to do that!

I thought he made it to all those sites years ago.

#314811 by MrDishington
Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:14 am
Billy Rhomboid wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10333211

That is just... bizarre. It begs further questions like where did he randomly get a puppy and how did he steal a bulldozer?
Sounds like a dream.
#314855 by Faffy
Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:34 pm
When someone in my psychology class, one day before the exam, asks what the main difference between two major concepts in the curriculum is. :| dat feeling.

This is the same person who earlier asked if the sample essay questions from previous exams were the ones we would get on our exams.

And who I worked with on a group project... and EVERY time we met, I had to explain the entire experiment and underlying concepts and theory.

This person also prepared a completely different part for the presentation (my part), didn't bring it to our only chance to practice for the presentation as a group, and made sure we went overtime with the presentation.

WHO DROPPED YOU ON A CONCRETE FLOOR WHEN YOU WERE A BABY?!
#314865 by JuZ
Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:35 pm
Faffy wrote:When someone in my psychology class, one day before the exam, asks what the main difference between two major concepts in the curriculum is. :| dat feeling.

This is the same person who earlier asked if the sample essay questions from previous exams were the ones we would get on our exams.

And who I worked with on a group project... and EVERY time we met, I had to explain the entire experiment and underlying concepts and theory.

This person also prepared a completely different part for the presentation (my part), didn't bring it to our only chance to practice for the presentation as a group, and made sure we went overtime with the presentation.

Also begs the question - why are they allowed near a classroom? I often used to wonder this during one particular tutorial at uni, where each week I'd be the only student prepared to answer any questions or discuss a damned thing. It was ridiculous.
#314868 by LicoriceLain
Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:55 pm
How about Burchill being a jackass formerly on the Observer and now on the Telegraph?

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/tobyy ... r-article/

If you all ever wondered why college kids sometimes get arrogant and shizz, it is because knobgobblers like this. Seriously, what is it with these idiots who not only refuse to do research and look like a fool when referring to entire groups of people, but also think that posting something inflammatory on the internet isn't going to result in a neverending stream of trolls and death-threats? If you don't want bad press, either get off your ass and actually do research or stay off the web. It is not hard.
#314896 by Faffy
Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:29 pm
JuZ wrote:
Faffy wrote:When someone in my psychology class, one day before the exam, asks what the main difference between two major concepts in the curriculum is. :| dat feeling.

Also begs the question - why are they allowed near a classroom? I often used to wonder this during one particular tutorial at uni, where each week I'd be the only student prepared to answer any questions or discuss a damned thing. It was ridiculous.

...A question I often find myself asking about another classmate. This person shows up late at EVERY lecture. Not just a little late.... usually by 20 minutes or so. Even better, whenever a lecturer uses an example to explain a rather abstract concept (which concepts in psychology often are), this person starts ranting about some personal anecdote relevant to the example, but completely irrelevant to what the lecturer is trying to explain. :P
#314902 by Bookwyrm83
Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:29 pm
A similar woe.

Lately the complaints cases I and my department handle as reaching ridiculous quantities. We're finding that many of the front of house agents - who've been working here for a long time - are either raising cases for situations they could handle themselves, or worse, neglecting to include details that would get the job done faster.

How goddamn hard is it to ascertain a purchase date? A location? If something actually works or if the customer just doesn't know what they're doing? Why can they not read instructions on the most common pages that have been drilled into us since the inception of this contract? Some of them have been here a couple of years and lack the intelligence of a five year old.

I know I might sound a bit harsh, but trust me, as nice and professional as some of these people are, their ignorance at times astounds me.
#314919 by stubear280
Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:25 pm
[youtube]eQBk7eqoPC4[/youtube]
#314949 by JuZ
Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:38 pm
Bookwyrm83 wrote:A similar woe.

Lately the complaints cases I and my department handle as reaching ridiculous quantities. We're finding that many of the front of house agents - who've been working here for a long time - are either raising cases for situations they could handle themselves, or worse, neglecting to include details that would get the job done faster.

How goddamn hard is it to ascertain a purchase date? A location? If something actually works or if the customer just doesn't know what they're doing? Why can they not read instructions on the most common pages that have been drilled into us since the inception of this contract? Some of them have been here a couple of years and lack the intelligence of a five year old.

I know I might sound a bit harsh, but trust me, as nice and professional as some of these people are, their ignorance at times astounds me.