25%
25%
9%
9%
16%
16%

#14416 by Socialenemy69
Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:56 am
Oh yeah Neo Geo all the way. I have a Neo Rage emulator on my computer with tonnes of games including Samurai Showdown, King of the fighters, and the best game ever Metal Slug X!

#14563 by MullHawk
Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:48 pm
PS2 got the vote, but the games industry seems really bad these days, so many titles released and so little I want to buy.

I'm holding out for the new Transformers game.

#14575 by Sinkharmony
Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:21 pm
MullHawk wrote:PS2 got the vote, but the games industry seems really bad these days, so many titles released and so little I want to buy.

I'm holding out for the new Transformers game.

That could be interesting. I hope they don't royally fuck it up like they do with most TV based video games.

#14587 by Oz
Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:03 pm
Xbox is number one
PS2 is number two
gamecube i just plain dont like
PS1 was good but has been outdated

the only one of the above i dont own is a gamecube.

#14605 by StrappingYoungLad
Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:51 pm
thefillersweetcityjesus wrote:None, Gamecube is the best.

Hmmm..fair enough...but how about telling us why Gamecube is the best? Games available? graphics? playability? etc...

I reckon playing guitar beats any game console :D

Chris

#14623 by black_tooth_grin
Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:10 pm
PS2 is a great buy and has a great selection of games which makes it a great system all round. But the X-Box on the other hand has better graphics but fewer games which makes it great for the quicker loading time and smoother graphics. I dont really have much against the X-box, i have been a fan of the Playstation longer and have never looked back. Another thing is that PS2 has games that shit all over X-box games that try to compete with them, such as Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill Trilogy, Gran Turismo 3 & 4 and the fighting game Tekken, which all have better gameplay and graphic surpassing the X-box. Which makes my decision the PS2.

#14631 by Sinkharmony
Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:18 pm
Im A Strapping Young Lad wrote:PS2 is a great buy and has a great selection of games which makes it a great system all round. But the X-Box on the other hand has better graphics but fewer games which makes it great for the quicker loading time and smoother graphics. I dont really have much against the X-box, i have been a fan of the Playstation longer and have never looked back. Another thing is that PS2 has games that shit all over X-box games that try to compete with them, such as Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill Trilogy, Gran Turismo 3 & 4 and the fighting game Tekken, which all have better gameplay and graphic surpassing the X-box. Which makes my decision the PS2.

It's all about Gran Turismo! I can't wait for 4 to come out.

#14691 by rezlamech
Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:07 pm
Fuck, GTA 4 is just dragging on and on . . .

Anyone know a new date?

#15005 by Socialenemy69
Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:30 pm
So is Halo 2, gonna have to wait until Christmas now.

#15008 by Krazee-Eyez Killa
Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:56 pm
If your gonna list those systems, why have PS1 and not GameCube. Gamecube would take my vote, for various reasons, I've always been a big nintendo fan and their games are usally my favorite. As far as older systems go I love SNES.

#15828 by Greg Reason
Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:21 am
I really dig old Nintendo Entertainment System games, it just seems that back then they needed actual good games to make up for the lack of any realism in the graphics ;o) It's funny looking back at the price tags on those things now though ;o) NES games for over a hundred dollars!!!! Shit......

Sega's Megadrive/Genesis did well too, and I love the Dreamcast, the best and most under rated console ever! The old Ataris are ok too... Of the new ones, I like PS2 the best. It just seems to have the best games and playability. I hate X Boxes, we have one in our lounge room and it's fuckin got nothing on a PS2, even chipped... that's only cool because you don't have to buy games ;o)

#15835 by Sinkharmony
Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:42 am
Greg Reason wrote:I really dig old Nintendo Entertainment System games, it just seems that back then they needed actual good games to make up for the lack of any realism in the graphics ;o) It's funny looking back at the price tags on those things now though ;o) NES games for over a hundred dollars!!!! Shit......

Sega's Megadrive/Genesis did well too, and I love the Dreamcast, the best and most under rated console ever! The old Ataris are ok too... Of the new ones, I like PS2 the best. It just seems to have the best games and playability. I hate X Boxes, we have one in our lounge room and it's fuckin got nothing on a PS2, even chipped... that's only cool because you don't have to buy games ;o)

Well, also NES had so many great games because everything was fresh. There wasn't a whole lot of ground that was broken, so there was so many ways to go and great games were bound to happen. Some of the ideas were great and more inspired than others and are evidence in that by their continued success (Zelda, Metriod, etc). It's so much more difficult these days to create a game that is original, fun and popular. However, so many more games come out that it balances itself out.

#15881 by Blazingmonga
Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:10 am
This is wrong, I cant vote for Gamecube!

I think its funny how owning a console is like joining a cult for some people....