Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#217957 by islandsinthesky
Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:15 pm
This is the thread where you can talk about how awesome Usain Bolt and Michael Phelps are, whether or not Caster Semenya is really a man, Basketball, Hockey, Football (the non-American kind), or whatever else suits your fancy.

All I want to say right now is the Blackhawks came back from a 5-0 trailing when our goalie was in the penalty box and WON 6-5 in overtime against the number one team in the western conference who were undefeated before tonight. What's up?!
#217963 by AlucardXIX
Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:51 pm
I'm not a big sports fan, but I definitely like to hear that Chicago teams are winning. That's bad ass though, my dad will love to hear that.
#217964 by islandsinthesky
Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:52 pm
Even better is the Red wings aren't doing so well. The Red Wings represent communism, the British during the Revolutionary war, and the failing auto industry, and when they're winning, the right to free speech, love, happiness, and good will is losing.
#217976 by islandsinthesky
Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:24 pm
Come on, dude, it's a joke. Pay attention to the context.
#217978 by AlucardXIX
Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:26 pm
islandsinthesky wrote:Come on, dude, it's a joke. Pay attention to the context.

Oh I got it and all. I just think it's a little over played and in bad taste is all.
#218026 by Leechmaster
Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:21 am
I was so disappointed, I really wanted to rub it in that Chicago let in 5 goals in the first period! :lol: But still, some comeback. Dunno what the hell the Flames were doing.

I watched the Caps - Devils game and that turned out to be just as fucking awesome as I'd hoped. Brodeur stonewalled Ovechkin in the Shootout for a Devils win after they came back from 2 - 0 down.

And Toronto and Nashville got seriously embarrassed. :P

I like this thread. :D
#218042 by Leechmaster
Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:36 am
fragility wrote:no NHL for me on TV in the UK this season without paying out loads of money :( no fair!

I was considering paying out for GameCenter, or CenterIce or ESPN360NHL or whatever it's called over on this continent. But a lot of the streams I watch online can actually be pretty amazing quality. And they're free. So they win. :D
#218048 by Van Pole
Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:05 am
Ryan Giggs.

The best player in the history of english football league ?

Discuss, if you even know, what I'm talking about...
#218058 by islandsinthesky
Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:03 am
Coyotes beat the Sharks yesterday. I get kind of sad every time Devin Setoguchi loses. Saw him at a Blackhawks-Sharks game I went to last year, he was pretty much figure-8ing around all the other players.

Thanks to Toronto's embarrassment, Rangers are on a 5 game winning streak. Not sure if i want to watch the Red Wings game tonight or the Blue Jackets.

fragility wrote:no NHL for me on TV in the UK this season without paying out loads of money :( no fair!

http://www.hockeywebcasts.com

I'll talk about the NBA too, once it starts (to become interesting again).
#218092 by Leechmaster
Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:12 am
Van Pole wrote:Ryan Giggs.

The best player in the history of english football league ?

Discuss, if you even know, what I'm talking about...

[youtube]3NeRoSFZWbs[/youtube]

RYANNY GIGGSY WIGGSY!

Giggs is awesome. He's pretty much carrying United now, and is easily their best player, probably ever. It's astonishing he's still as good as he is at his age and after so many years at the pinnacle of football.

I'll be watching the Wings game tonight, I'd say. I reckon the Avs will utterly paste Toronto and after last night I don't think the Flames are worth my viewership. :lol:

The one I'm salivating over is on Thursday night. Sharks at the Capitals. Gonna be gooooooooood.
#218184 by Van Pole
Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:26 pm
Leechmaster wrote:RYANNY GIGGSY WIGGSY!

Giggs is awesome. He's pretty much carrying United now, and is easily their best player, probably ever. It's astonishing he's still as good as he is at his age and after so many years at the pinnacle of football.

Hahah ! Fast Show kicks ass !

That's pretty much the truth. After Ronaldo's departure Giggs is still fresh force of Man United and he's 35 ?! Can't believe it...

The day he'll retire, will be remembered as a day, when Roy Keane said goodbye to United.

Legend.
#218205 by soundsofentropy
Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:16 pm
When I was watching the Premiership, Henry was what all the talk was about and Arsenal was on top of the world. After that I stopped playing and inadvertently stopped watching. Still think Henry was fucking incredible--had a beautiful style to how he played the game.

Anyway, I haven't caught any hockey yet this season. Stupid college, interfering with the important things in life.

Think I might watch rally racing soon, and give it a shot. It looks like it would be fun, anyway. :D