Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#320401 by JuZ
Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:05 pm
Hi there Ghana! Welcome to the World Cu...

... oh.
#320402 by EphelDuath666
Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:30 pm
yeah THAT was a quick one! For a moment I thought this could get really bad for them. But Ghana's actually not doing bad at all aside from that one fuck up 35 seconds in.
#320403 by JuZ
Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:37 pm
The US fans should have unfurled this after their second goal.

#320425 by Leechmaster
Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:28 pm
VIVA LA MEXICO! Or at least their goalkeeper... Unbelievable showing altogether from that man. He definitely won't be a free agent for long after that match!
#320426 by JuZ
Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:26 pm
Speaking of keepers, anyone see the Korean goal?

I wonder how much the keeper was paid for that. Seriously, the fix is in.
#320442 by prof. wedgie
Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:02 am
Brazil haven't looked all that impressive, wonder if the massive pressure is getting at them

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
#320449 by JuZ
Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:04 pm
It definitely is. They're also just not as impressive as some previous Brazil sides.

So, we scared the shit out of the Netherlands! Very, very lucky to get away with a win. Timmy Cahill with the goal of the tournament so far... What a volley!

And Spain lost again! What a great tournament so far, I'm loving it.
#320460 by swervedriver
Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:41 am
By the skin of our teeth, damn! I honestly thought that at most we would pull off a draw against you guys, but to be fair that penalty you got was a bit iffy. Yes, it was hands, but when you kick a ball less than half a metre from someone who is running it's not really a conscious act to have your arm blocking that ball.

And yeah, Spain eliminated. That's a real surprise.

Uruguay - England tonight should be interesting as well. Also, I find it amazing that given how busy my days are these weeks I've still seen an awful lot of football. :mrgreen:
#320467 by JuZ
Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:23 pm
There's always time for the World Cup!

I know a lot of people don't like Luis Suarez but the man is a superstar. Shame he had to score a double against so many Liverpool team mates.

Who am I kidding, it's always funny seeing England fail at their favourite sport. (With apologies to any English supporters reading this)
#320502 by Octillus
Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:17 am
The irony being that the US now has a good chance of escaping group play (Portugal looks like a bag of hot garbage) and the rest of this country won't care
#320522 by JuZ
Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:37 pm
Octillus wrote:The irony being that the US now has a good chance of escaping group play (Portugal looks like a bag of hot garbage) and the rest of this country won't care

For most of the last 100 and whatever years it's been the same in Australia. We are obsessed with sports like Australian Rules, rugby league and union and cricket. But soccer is becoming more popular every year here and suddenly it seems like everyone takes an interest in the World Cup. Or local competition has come a loooong way too.

Is it gaining in popularity there or is it still seen as a sport for immigrants etc?
#320524 by Octillus
Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:35 pm
JuZ wrote:
Octillus wrote:The irony being that the US now has a good chance of escaping group play (Portugal looks like a bag of hot garbage) and the rest of this country won't care

For most of the last 100 and whatever years it's been the same in Australia. We are obsessed with sports like Australian Rules, rugby league and union and cricket. But soccer is becoming more popular every year here and suddenly it seems like everyone takes an interest in the World Cup. Or local competition has come a loooong way too.

Is it gaining in popularity there or is it still seen as a sport for immigrants etc?

It's "hip"
#320528 by JuZ
Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:00 pm
Aha.
#320619 by kyl88
Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:10 pm
Hey, I know it is world cup season, but I was wondering if any of the Australian folk know anything about Dante Exum?
I'm really excited to be cheering for him next year! :D

Hope everyone is well!
All hail Australia! :guitar:
#320635 by JuZ
Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:07 pm
Hiya!

Dante is from Melbourne and spent some time in Canberra, which makes two of the three cities I've lived in. Yay for random association!

He's a smooth moving guard, and a very intelligent player. Also a very good kid. He's only 18 so he'll need plenty of time to bulk up and get used to the NBA but he's played at international level already so he won't be overawed or bullied.

His dad Cecil played for my team the Melbourne Tigers, amongst others. Played with Jordan at college too.

Stoked to see an Aussie go so high in the NBA draft, especially after seeing Patty Mills win a championship with the Spurs this year.