Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#320652 by swervedriver
Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:23 am
Phew!

I was in a van somewhere in the middle of France, with spotty radio reception and very poor knowledge of the language. French commentators get way too excited for all the wrong things, so that may have been the most tense I've ever been during a game. :P
#320654 by kyl88
Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:34 am
JuZ wrote:Hiya!

Dante is from Melbourne and spent some time in Canberra, which makes two of the three cities I've lived in. Yay for random association!

He's a smooth moving guard, and a very intelligent player. Also a very good kid. He's only 18 so he'll need plenty of time to bulk up and get used to the NBA but he's played at international level already so he won't be overawed or bullied.

His dad Cecil played for my team the Melbourne Tigers, amongst others. Played with Jordan at college too.

Stoked to see an Aussie go so high in the NBA draft, especially after seeing Patty Mills win a championship with the Spurs this year.

Excellent! Thanks, Juz! He sounds like a hell of a player!
#320664 by JuZ
Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:41 pm
kyl88 wrote:
JuZ wrote:Hiya!

Dante is from Melbourne and spent some time in Canberra, which makes two of the three cities I've lived in. Yay for random association!

He's a smooth moving guard, and a very intelligent player. Also a very good kid. He's only 18 so he'll need plenty of time to bulk up and get used to the NBA but he's played at international level already so he won't be overawed or bullied.

His dad Cecil played for my team the Melbourne Tigers, amongst others. Played with Jordan at college too.

Stoked to see an Aussie go so high in the NBA draft, especially after seeing Patty Mills win a championship with the Spurs this year.

Excellent! Thanks, Juz! He sounds like a hell of a player!

No worries.

Fingers crossed he makes it. His attitude will help... He was happy to go to Utah to stay away from the spotlight of towns like LA and NYC. He knows he has a lot of work to do and just wants to get started. Very likeable kid.
#320751 by swervedriver
Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:38 am
7-1. That was astonishing.

Now I just hope we can get beaten by Germany in the finals again. :P
#320752 by Keeker
Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:37 am
swervedriver wrote:7-1. That was astonishing.

Now I just hope we can get beaten by Germany in the finals again. :P

It was indeed an amazing game. Brazil just didn't know how to play as a team without their key player(s). Possibly a well earned lesson in why not to rest on your laurels.
#320759 by Tyroshai
Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:06 pm
Hup Holland Hup!
#320762 by EphelDuath666
Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:03 pm
holy fuck....that was something. Everyone still thought it was all just a dream today :lol:
#320764 by Tyroshai
Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:05 pm
Fucksake, bringing Huntelaar in instead of keeping the swap for Krul was the killer mistake there. Absolutely gutted for him, he saw it coming.

However, I'm very glad I've been watching the Dutch teams run of success while over in the Netherlands. The streets, shops and homes are absolutely covered in orange...the support the team have at home is absolutely incredible as well as enviable. Fantastic stuff!
#320765 by Keeker
Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:13 pm
Yeah, I don't know what he was thinking about changing things from what worked last time. You just kind of knew it was going to be a fail.
#320799 by EphelDuath666
Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:59 pm
wow, now that was awful. And the refs...where do they find these guys? the first 2 goals were illegitimate (offside goal and illegitimate penalty kick), then Brazil didn't get a legitimate penalty kick. But the game was just awful in general. Which I guess was to be expected since it was just the game for 3rd place.

But I sure as hell hope that tomorrow's game will be better, one way or another!
#320800 by Keeker
Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:23 pm
First goal (from the penalty) ...should really have been a red card plus a free kick... but I guess it kinda balanced out with the yellow plus penalty. Brazil will have to do some deep thinking now. That's not a bad thing.
#320818 by JuZ
Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:49 pm
Argentina have proven to be a very tough nut to crack.
#320822 by Keeker
Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:09 pm
Indeedlydoodly.