19%
19%
5%
5%
9%
9%
#17402 by black_tooth_grin
Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:48 pm
I have been thinking this over for awhile, i have always wanted to know what people think of Megadeth and Metallica. If people know there history Dave Mustaine use to play guitars for Metallica before Kirk Hamment left Exodus, he only played for a year or so until he got kicked out. Then Cliff Burton & Kirk joined to become the Metallica that made Kill 'em All. After this all happened Dave formed Megedeth and released "Killing Is My Business...And Business Is Good", which in a sence started a rivally of the two bands. What i would like to know is what you think of both bands and who you like the best out of both.

I do like both bands alot, and in a sence there both excellent band's who have had a great run within the music industry right from there humble beginnings as Trash Metaler's into the present day. But my decision goes to Megadeth, i seem to have a bigger love for there music than Metallica, im not saying that Metallica are shit or anything, in fact i was a fan of Metallica longer than Megadeth which is pretty wired. The music of Metallica is classic and it will never die, they have reached the rank of Metal God's and the bank account's to go with it.

But on the other hand Megadeth have succeded also in the industry with there legions of fans and there countless classic hit's from "Peace Sells" to "Dread And The Fugitive Mind". It's a pitty that Dave Mustaine broke his arm and had to brake up Megadeth back in 2002. They have had a great influence on other bands, much like Metallica, both bands have also had the privilege of working together back in 1999 on the Woodstock 99' concert.

Megadeth is great band that has had a great influence on me, there music helps people understand there problems and finding a way out of that problem. That sounds pretty lamo but it's true.

\m/ Rust In Peace Megadeth \m/

#17406 by Greg Reason
Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:51 pm
Gah, they're both horrid. If I had to choose one, I'd take Megadeth.... At least Friedman can actually play his instrument with some kind of skill, unlike that Hammett fucker....

#17419 by Socialenemy69
Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:42 pm
Megadeth, I just like their riffs and song structures better, and better soloing, never realy got into Metallica.

#17424 by Guest
Fri Apr 30, 2004 12:23 am
None of them ...
They suck as they are metal bands :D

Geoff

#17427 by -THe-Billy-
Fri Apr 30, 2004 12:53 am
I'd have to go with Megadeth even though I loved both styles. Marty Friedman's style is especially unique. Marty's a real cool mofo too.

#17429 by Guest
Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:02 am
The whole line up from the "rust in peace" and "countdown to extinction" records were cool .
I love these eras, I think Megadeth reached the top with these two records. I got bored of the material that came after... Youthtanasia was too medicocre in my opinion

Geoff

#17431 by Devinaddicted_Nils
Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:09 am
I wonder what the new Megadeth will sound like...it should come out in quite a while. At least it is very sad what happened to Mustaine...and I don't know whether I can belive it or not...I don't know whether you are able to sleep on your arm that oddly that your arm gets damaged that kind....weird... :?: :?: :?:

#17449 by FinnAtLondon
Fri Apr 30, 2004 2:13 am
Megadeth all the way... they are really neat. Cool riffing and sense of melody... decent trash is not really harder than that.

#17450 by Regal Jenkinson
Fri Apr 30, 2004 2:14 am
No contest. 'tallica!

Megadeth always have a cheesy element to their music. Plus everything by the Deth sounds incredibly dated, where as albums like Master Of Puppets still stands up today.

#17461 by Vesper
Fri Apr 30, 2004 2:34 am
Both good, both earned their place, both way behind Devster in freshness and genius ;)

#17463 by Regal Jenkinson
Fri Apr 30, 2004 2:35 am
Also, the Deth has Mustaine, a tit of the highest order.

Mind you, Ulrich scores pretty high in the wanker stakes aswell.

#17465 by FinnAtLondon
Fri Apr 30, 2004 2:36 am
BOTH OF THEM LOST THEIR PLOT DURING THE 90s

#17467 by Regal Jenkinson
Fri Apr 30, 2004 2:42 am
especially Youthanasia. Terrible, awful.

A tout le monde!

Shite.