Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#253172 by Keeker
Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:04 pm
Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls. Roll up, roll up for The HevyDevy Forums Daily Trivia Quiz. :mrgreen:

Follow this link:

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=97067

put in your username and a password and have a shot at answering ten questions.

NOTES:
Each day of the week there's a different subject. Ten questions are generated randomly from the Trivia site's database. You will not usually get the same questions as anyone else playing that day but over the course of a month's tournament everyone usually gets to play all the sets so it works out in the end.

There's a timer once you start the questions so don't go off for a cup of tea halfway through. Another tip is to watch out for the daily maintenance run. The quiz shuts down at 9am GMT for about half an hour and if you are unlucky enough to have started it a few seconds before that kicks in you get stuck there in limbo until it's done. Then you end up with a huge time penalty. Unfair? You bet!

The scoring system can seem somewhat odd at first as it is also dependent on how many people play in a day. Europeans may complain that there are too many USA specific questions. Tough. This is probably because the database site's largest source of contributors of questions come from there. Personally, I find all the Canadian and NZ questions harder to deal with. :P

It's all for fun, so I hope loads of you take part.
#253183 by swervedriver
Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:56 am
I've discovered that guessing can go a long way. Although I fell for the 'too obvious answer' trap a few times.
#253187 by Bookwyrm83
Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:33 am
Shit, the Autocomplete selected a different name for me (one of my other logins), so my HD name doesn't show up, and I can't delete it (so I can use my relevant user). :roll: Little help? Edit: accident name Belegurth.
#253195 by Keeker
Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:55 am
Bookwyrm83 wrote:Shit, the Autocomplete selected a different name for me (one of my other logins), so my HD name doesn't show up, and I can't delete it (so I can use my relevant user). :roll: Little help? Edit: accident name Belegurth.

I shall investimigate. I have deleted Belegurth so you can set yourself up again with whatever name you wish. I tried to change your name so you could keep your score but it wouldn't let me do that.
#253197 by Bookwyrm83
Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:42 am
Keeker wrote:
Bookwyrm83 wrote:Shit, the Autocomplete selected a different name for me (one of my other logins), so my HD name doesn't show up, and I can't delete it (so I can use my relevant user). :roll: Little help? Edit: accident name Belegurth.

I shall investimigate. I have deleted Belegurth so you can set yourself up again with whatever name you wish. I tried to change your name so you could keep your score but it wouldn't let me do that.

Thanks. :) Edit: got every new question right and didn't even cheat. And I just guessed a few. :D
#253203 by swervedriver
Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:01 am
Can I do multiple quizzes in a day or am I just going to have to revert to sporcle for my useless trivia needs? :D
#253204 by Keeker
Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:30 am
Bookwyrm83 wrote:
Keeker wrote:

Thanks. :) Edit: got every new question right and didn't even cheat. And I just guessed a few. :D

That's often the way it rolls. I did badly today... but my slow reading is as consistent as ever. :P For me it's an achievement to get down into double figures for time.
#253205 by Keeker
Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:33 am
swervedriver wrote:Can I do multiple quizzes in a day or am I just going to have to revert to sporcle for my useless trivia needs? :D

Well you can go and do some random quizzes on the FunTrivia home site if you like. There's heaps on all sorts of subjects. Some are just daft though... or terribly specific to a particular hobby or a TV show, etc.
#253210 by Aden
Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:12 am
Wow, I didn't do too bad, especially considering the amount of my answers that were guesses. I forgot about the timer thing though so I took a little while longer than I could have...