Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#318106 by Keeker
Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:33 am
Hiddos wrote:I had a go as well today. All of it was guesswork (though some were more or less educated guesses). :)

Yay! We ALL have to guess for a lot of the questions. Sometimes you can work it out just from the choices given even if you don't have a clue what the question is about. But yeah, guessing is a big part of it. :D
#318114 by JuZ
Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:07 pm
Yeah I had to totally guess most of them. I was stunned that I actually got a few right. Hooray for dumb luck!
#318123 by Keeker
Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:30 am
goncalobcunha wrote:
Hiddos wrote:Same again today, I think I only knew question #1 :P

So that you know, questions are different for all the contestants, I believe...

Yes, that's right. They are randomly selected from a pool of questions and, in theory, we are all supposed to get the same ones over the course of the month - just not on the same day for each person.
#318127 by Hiddos
Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:01 am
Ah, right. Well, that question was what the national anthem of the USA is called.

EDIT: Hahahaha, oh dear... Today's score for me is 0 because it says I took 2004 seconds to complete the quiz. Well, yeah, that's more or less true, but it only took me that long because they had half an hour of system maintenance that kicked in just after I started :P
#318128 by Keeker
Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:39 am
Hiddos wrote:Ah, right. Well, that question was what the national anthem of the USA is called.

EDIT: Hahahaha, oh dear... Today's score for me is 0 because it says I took 2004 seconds to complete the quiz. Well, yeah, that's more or less true, but it only took me that long because they had half an hour of system maintenance that kicked in just after I started :P

Oh, damnit, yes. I wrote about that when we first started the quiz thread in here. There's half an hour in the morning when they do that maintenance run and if you start the quiz just before it... you're doomed! I've been caught out a few times myself but I usually remember when it starts and avoid it.
#319824 by Keeker
Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:27 am
New month

RE-newed forum! - the quiz is still on folks.

Exercise your brain and your annoyance threshold!

Come and play!
#319839 by Keeker
Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:49 pm
Oh, well done for being participatory people!

I've changed a few bits and pieces for the days to come, and I found a bit that let me change the colour scheme. Let me know if the new page isn't legible or is otherwise annoying. There seems to be a selection in there now but much as bright red and sunshine yellow sounded pretty cool they were a bit harsh on the old eyeballs. I went with 'aqua' for the moment.

I still wish they had a few more refined topics to choose from but hopefully you'll all get some fun out of what's there. :D
#319841 by Keeker
Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:24 pm
goncalobcunha wrote:It looks good.

Glad to see more people playing other than the 3 of us! :D

Haha! Yes, we are the diehards. :P
#320078 by Keeker
Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:58 am
Music day on the quiz.. Intermediate level. Have a bash, folks.
#321589 by Keeker
Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:58 pm
September has started. Stretch your little grey cells!
#323281 by swervedriver
Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:47 am

Well, screw you and your idiom! :P