Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#278546 by djskrimp
Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:34 am
walt wrote:Does time penalize much or is it better to read carefully and not stress?

It really does penalize you. Besides, and you'll see this a LOT on the quiz chat, most people's first instinct is right far more often than not.
#279061 by swervedriver
Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:23 am
I only pay attention to the headings when the question is unclear. Sometimes with Geography you get a question which is clearly from a series that shouldn't be split up, because it's posed like "Now we move further west, where do we end up?". The heading might give a clue then, but usually it's not helpful enough.
#279616 by swervedriver
Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:04 am
Billy Rhomboid wrote:Question #2 in today's game is incorrect.

The questions are different for everyone though, randomly selected from a pool related to the category and difficulty. What was the question you got then?
#279629 by Billy Rhomboid
Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:48 am
Ah okay, didn't realise that. It was something like 'What does a poisonous snake use to kill its prey? Spitting Acid, Venom, Fangs, and I forget the last one, perhaps Constriction.
They answer could be none of the above or any of the above. Whether a snake is poisonous or not has absolutely no bearing on the method it uses to kill prey, only what happens to a predator that eats it.
#279701 by mrbean667
Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:40 am
Wow, I guessed almost all of them today. I only knew the ones for songs/bands before 1980. That's sad.
#280065 by walt
Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:24 pm
swervedriver wrote:I only pay attention to the headings when the question is unclear. Sometimes with Geography you get a question which is clearly from a series that shouldn't be split up, because it's posed like "Now we move further west, where do we end up?". The heading might give a clue then, but usually it's not helpful enough.

Thanks for the tip, it´s good to know. I feel like i lose to much time reading the headings and most of the time they are probably not needed, so yeah...screw them!
#280126 by Keeker
Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:27 pm
Billy Rhomboid wrote:Ah okay, didn't realise that. It was something like 'What does a poisonous snake use to kill its prey? Spitting Acid, Venom, Fangs, and I forget the last one, perhaps Constriction.
They answer could be none of the above or any of the above. Whether a snake is poisonous or not has absolutely no bearing on the method it uses to kill prey, only what happens to a predator that eats it.

You'll find several faulty questions scattered about from time to time. It's just luck as to what's pulled from Funtrivia's rather vast database. Some of the categories are dodgy too - hence occasional movie or music questions ending up in the geography quiz.
#281191 by Keeker
Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:00 am
Bookwyrm83 wrote:My first 10 in awhile. Though it is Movies today, so I suppose that helps.

I'm surprised I got 9 today! I've been ill for about a week with, I think, every bug that's going around the school striking me all at once. :(