Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#285088 by Bookwyrm83
Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:31 am
swervedriver wrote:On a more serious note, perhaps remove either World Trivia or General Knowledge, as both seem mutually exclusive. Movies can go too, but I'm sure quite a few would disagree there. :P

Agree, except for the movies. :P
Maybe a subject on books/literature/comics. If so, hopefully the questions will be about more recognizable titles, and not ones that go straight to the bargain stand, or are known mainly to scholars and hipsters (via Google).

BTW Billy, you get a lot of Australian geography, a lot of what I get is UK geography, most of it places I've never heard of (but I've never been to the UK); maybe our regions could switch? Less/no rap questions in music would be nice as well.
#285114 by swervedriver
Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:33 pm
Billy Rhomboid wrote:
swervedriver wrote:remove either World Trivia or General Knowledge, as both seem mutually exclusive.

what exactly do you mean by that, Swerve? That the two topics have nothing to do with each other? Is that not how it should be?

Sorry. I perfectly mistranslated the opposite of what I meant to say I was thinking when I posted that.

Wait, what? My brain hurts.

So uhh, the term I was looking for was "wholly interchangeable", meaning the two categories are very hard to distinguish from one another.
#286810 by Tonya Elf
Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:37 pm
Woo...haven't been here for awhile. Thought I'd come back to the smartest people I know :)
Santa questions, huh? Hmm. I like the books/literature/comics idea. There really isn't much literature here at all. Ancient history is good, too.
#289971 by Keeker
Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:13 am
Quiz is offline for an hour or so while I try to compile something slightly different for the month of December. I think I've found a way of selecting more specific (in theory!) questions from the database but we could still end up with a pretty random assortment!

Unfortunately Bookwyrm was too quick for me and managed to play before I'd closed out the old quiz questions... timezone fun. :D

Okay, so let's see what I can find for a Christmas Quiz....
#289974 by Keeker
Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:18 am
Bookwyrm83 wrote:Hey, at least I got a 10!

Don't worry, I think you get to keep it. :P

I'm nearly done with changing things around. Unfortunately I learned I can only have ONE 'custom' category unless I change it daily. I managed to select what is supposed to be a 'metal' category. Knowing my luck you'll probably now get questions on the components of bronze.

Otherwise, I've just ramped everything up to 'difficult' level for a laugh and because I couldn't choose a Santa category I've put in a 'Religion' set for December. Final changes about to be made. Update to follow.
#289977 by Keeker
Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:36 am
Hex68 wrote:
Keeker wrote:
Bookwyrm83 wrote:Hey, at least I got a 10!

Don't worry, I think you get to keep it. :P

Huh, no fair! :lol:

I don't think there's any way I could have deleted it and given him the chance to play again in the new category... so it'll now look as though he scored 10 in Religion. :P

Right. It's switched back on. Let's see what weirdness is thrown up in these categories! What I have noticed is that the 'difficult' levels have a much bigger pool of questions. No doubt many will be entirely stupid. :mrgreen:

December's winner will get a prize. It'll be a stupid prize, but you'll get something!
#290103 by Keeker
Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:58 pm
Thirteen people played yesterday. C'mon you lot, there's 80 of you in the quiz database and it's Heavy Metal Day. :P
#290112 by Keeker
Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:07 pm
Leechmaster wrote:Jesus that went very well. :lol:

Jesus was yesterday.
#290118 by Leechmaster
Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:20 pm
Keeker wrote:
Leechmaster wrote:Jesus that went very well. :lol:

Jesus was yesterday.

JESUS IS EVERYDAY.

#290195 by djskrimp
Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:57 am
Faffy wrote:I SUCK!

I have that listed on my CV. You never know.....

Also, this month has been humbling, so far. Much more disparate quiz. I think I like it.