Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#254754 by Blazingmonga
Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:15 pm
Octillus wrote:Well, I'm a vegetarian and have been so for years. I'm not really anal-retentive about it, and I wouldn't even bring it up if it weren't that for the fact that this is the food thread.

That said, on top of that, I've gone on the strictest diet I've ever given myself, due to the fact that I'm trying to trim down for a role.

lots of vegetables. Some eggs. Rice and Beans, whole grain cereal. This is now my life.

FML

My wife is a veggie so I eat a 99% veggie diet as I do all the cooking at home.

It's frustrating when we are both busy and I end up heating ready made things as I love to cook, especially with lots of fresh veg. My specialities are risottos and pasta bakes.

The last meal I made proper was macaroni cheese the night before last. So simple, but so nice when made well. It's the simple done well that are often the most rewarding!
#254755 by Octillus
Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:35 pm
Oh when I'm allowed to be fat, I make some incredible curries and sautes, occasionally hand-roll pasta, etc.

My specialty, however, is making snacks. I can taste the sweet and spicy curried pecans right now :'(

I love to cook, but right now it's just sit and watch the rice cooker ><
#254761 by Billy Rhomboid
Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:51 pm
Abydost wrote:I'm not sure it's such a good idea to allow Billy in this thread. It is degrading to us all.

Hey, I take part in the guitar threads.
#254767 by BlueRaja
Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:03 pm
I have a somewhat strict diet. The only meat I eat is chicken, turkey and seafood. I stopped drinking soda 10 years ago, and my sugar intake is pretty low. No white sauces, low sugar, low fat. I just feel better this way.

I love to cook, but I don't do it as often now that I'm single. It's just not as fun if you don't have another person to cook for.
#254773 by Blazingmonga
Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:18 pm
BlueRaja wrote:It's just not as fun if you don't have another person to cook for.

I never cook for just myself, it doesnt often seem worth the effort unless I have an epic idea.

You should come round for dinner though. Haggis?
#254775 by BlueRaja
Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:29 pm
You know the answer to that!
#254779 by Blazingmonga
Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:45 pm
BlueRaja wrote:You know the answer to that!

You mean, "Yes please! In fact, I'lLAVe a double!"
#254818 by Wosko
Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:25 am
If you like food then youll like these crazy french canadian bastards

[youtube]7Xc5wIpUenQ[/youtube]
#254838 by Aden
Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:52 am
I posted some Epic Mealtime stuff in the YouTube thread recently. My friend told me about them... I think they're awesome :D

Man v Food is also an awesome programme. The presenter, Adam, just goes round America attempting food challenges in all kinds of restaurants. They usually involve huge portions or extreme hotness. I always finish watching an episode saying "I have GOT to go there one day". I should go on holiday to America again one day, and plan it so that I can visit a couple of the restaurants.
#254849 by daneulephus
Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:45 am
BlueRaja wrote:I have a somewhat strict diet. The only meat I eat is chicken, turkey and seafood. I stopped drinking soda 10 years ago, and my sugar intake is pretty low. No white sauces, low sugar, low fat. I just feel better this way.

I love to cook, but I don't do it as often now that I'm single. It's just not as fun if you don't have another person to cook for.

Wow. This is me, almost to a T. I quit fast food last spring, and cut out red meat...only because both just make me feel like shit. NOT because I don't think they taste absolutely delicious. I find myself now eating lots of carb rich foods, but my vice is still cookies/chocolate. Instant gratification is hard to quit. I mean, I gave up drugs/alcohol/cigarettes, so I need SOMETHING right? lol
#254861 by BlueRaja
Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:42 am
daneulephus wrote:
BlueRaja wrote:I have a somewhat strict diet. The only meat I eat is chicken, turkey and seafood. I stopped drinking soda 10 years ago, and my sugar intake is pretty low. No white sauces, low sugar, low fat. I just feel better this way.

Wow. This is me, almost to a T. I quit fast food last spring, and cut out red meat...only because both just make me feel like shit. NOT because I don't think they taste absolutely delicious. I find myself now eating lots of carb rich foods, but my vice is still cookies/chocolate. Instant gratification is hard to quit. I mean, I gave up drugs/alcohol/cigarettes, so I need SOMETHING right? lol

Oh, I LOOOOVE pasta and bread! :shock: Pasta is my weakness. And dark chocolate. I like to buy the really nice expensive bars and keep them in the fridge - I'll eat a piece or two at a time.

I also love cupcakes. I don't eat them all the time, but whenever I visit Starbucks to buy my ground coffee, I always buy a red velvet cupcake. :)
#254866 by Blazingmonga
Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:33 pm
BlueRaja wrote:And dark chocolate. I like to buy the really nice expensive bars and keep them in the fridge - I'll eat a piece or two at a time.

I might like haggis a bit too much, but keeping chocolate in the fridge? That's crazy. You need to eat it faster. I love dark chocolate too though.

There isnt many foods I dont like really. Shellfish is one I guess. I'd sooner eat my own poop that eat something that lives by eating poop.
#254869 by Wosko
Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:15 pm
I used to hate fish, Chinese food and mushrooms now those are my fav foods funny how your tastes change over time
#254871 by Billy Rhomboid
Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:22 pm
Slow-roasted a shoulder of pork from one of our Berkshire pigs with a fennel/sea salt rub for 8 hrs today, with a big pot of colcannon and some baked peaches. It was pretty good. Pork was soft as butter.
#254872 by Lettuce
Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:25 pm
Oh yum! I'm just eating the leftover of my picnic I made for the trade show today. I had no chicken dippers but I did have chicken in the freezer and cornflakes, and made what essentially was chickeny and dippy enough. With Pesto Houmous. Yurrrm.