Post HevyDevy fan art, covers, mashups, guitar tabs, etc here
#325673 by Azacar
Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:16 pm
Hey all, so the other day I spent a small hour putting together a basic cover of Hyperdrive. It's still really rough and most of it is demo takes and YES, there's no bass. Sorry. I'll get round to it, but it's a start!

https://instaud.io/C1T

Anyone wanna help out / feedback / collab? :)

Thanks,
Alex,

insequenceband.bandcamp.com
#325677 by Sweethammer
Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:20 pm
I really dig it, it's tight and the production is crisp, my only feeling is that the vocal track feels a bit too low mid-ey, it's kind of a dark sound that I don't think fits the tone of the backing tracks but it's not like awful or anything just a small personal taste thing.

I'm always up for collab ideas if you wanna throw down on something :D
#325838 by Gatsu
Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:13 am
The song is a whole lot harder to sing than you thought right? Perhaps when I get a moment I'll post a cover as well. Are you playing guitar and singing along to a drum track? This song is a testament to how unique Devin's voice truly is, when he can barely sing it. It's a strange tone you need to hit and with a specific amount of vocal power, is what makes it so hard. I know it's a personal preference if someone chooses to include the pinch harmonics, but I wish you had included them, just because I think they are such a cool touch to the song. But anyway, yeah good job. I wish my clean vocals were so consistent.