Post HevyDevy fan art, covers, mashups, guitar tabs, etc here
#260864 by Faffy
Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:04 am
I just made this for my ipod:

And if you think that's slightly ugly, here's the prototype (read: failed version):

When my exams are done, I'll make a scarf!

Anyone else knitted any Dev/Syl-stuff? If you have, or will, do share! :D
#260872 by Tonya Elf
Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:36 am
Knitting is totally metal! I am a serious knitter (since age 8 ) and have created lots of patterns and such...you have a friend here! And yes, I also knitted a DTP logo (onto a hat) and posted it to the forum awhile ago. Great job on the ipod cover, looks terrific! Here's a picture for ya:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
#260875 by Faffy
Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:16 am
Awesome hat! :D
That's quite some knitting experience there! I myself have only knitted for (except for school assignments) one and a half year.

Your logo turned out waaay better than mine (I have no idea how to knit symbols or create patterns). My white stitches got lost in the brown ones, so I had to sew in more white to make the logo look more... logo like. :P Hopefully I'll find a better way when knitting a scarf.
#260880 by Lettuce
Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:31 am
YOU HAVE MADE MY FAVOURITE THREAD.

I knit stuff. I mostly crochet shit

And give them away.

#260882 by Faffy
Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:40 am
OH MY GOD! YOU KNITTED POOP! <3 :D

(You have a pattern for that? :P )
#260885 by Lettuce
Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:16 am
I crocheted it! AND YES!

1) six sc in magic circle. pull loose end to close circle. (6 st)
2) inc in each stitch in round. (12 st)
4) #one sc in next two st, inc in next st# repeat stitches between the #'s five times. (24 st)
5) #one sc in next three st, inc in next st# repeat stitches between the #'s five times. (30 st)
6) #one sc in next four st, inc in next st# repeat stitches between the #'s five times. (36 st)
7) in back loops only, one sc in each st around. (36 st)
8) in both loops, one sc in each st around. (36 st)
9) one sc in each st around. (36 st)
10) #one sc in next four st, one inv dec in next st# repeat stitches between the #'s (30 st)
11) #one sc in next three st, one inv dec in next st# repeat stitches between the #'s. Stuff body firmly. (24 st)
12) #one sc in next two st, one inv dec in next st# repeat stitches between the #'s (18 st)
13) in front loop only, #one sc in next two st, inc in next st# repeat stitches between the #'s (24 st)
14) in both loops, #one sc in next three st, inc in next st# repeat stitches between the #'s (30 st)
15) one sc in each st around (30 st)
16) #one sc in next three st, one inv dec in next st# repeat stitches between the #'s (24 st)
17) #one sc in next two st, one inv dec in next st# repeat stitches between the #'s (18 st)
18) #one sc in next st, one inv dec in next st# repeat stitches between the #'s. Stuff body firmly. (12 st)
19) #one sc in next st, inc in next st# repeat stitches between the #'s. (16 st)
20) one sc in each st around (16 st)
21) #one sc in next st, one inv dec in next st.# last st in row is sc. Stuff top of body firmly. (11 st)
22) inv dec five times. do not sc in last st. (5 dec st)
23) to the end - starting with last st from last row, inv dec around until reached desired tip length. fasten off and weave in end.

...Something tells me we're not gonna get that many guys in there.
#260886 by Faffy
Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:29 am
Oooh, I haven't tried crocheting actually. But I've got two (for some reason) crochet hooks somewhere, so I'll give it a try when I've got time.

And yeah, why guys don't wanna crochet poop is beyond me. In my experience, the guys I've convinced to try knitting really enjoyed it. It's the convincing part that's a struggle.

Knitting is a good stress reliever I think. :) It makes me ridiculously blissful.
#260888 by Lettuce
Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:40 am
Same! I think we need to start working on some SYL/DTB/DTP patterns to share!
#260889 by Faffy
Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:53 am
Agreed! :D
I need it... here's why:
The one at the left is the failed one. Need it to remind myself that planning is a good thing.

The one at the right... well it's pretty useless since the logo isn't very visible. :P
#260966 by Tonya Elf
Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:59 am
Faffy and Lettuce are totally cool...yarn people rock! Lettuce, your 3D crocheted stuff is amazing! And actually, Faffy, I think your logo looks better, maybe the best way to get it right actually IS sort of embroidering it in...I have a template of mine which I'll try to get on the computer send to you if you like, it was a pain in the ass to do, I really don't like intarsia knitting at all.
Oh, and I know using "Faffy" and "Lettuce" to address you guys is weird...too lazy right now to try and find your real names. Love you guys! :D
#260970 by Faffy
Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:37 am
Tonya Elf wrote:Faffy and Lettuce are totally cool...yarn people rock! Lettuce, your 3D crocheted stuff is amazing! And actually, Faffy, I think your logo looks better, maybe the best way to get it right actually IS sort of embroidering it in...I have a template of mine which I'll try to get on the computer send to you if you like, it was a pain in the ass to do, I really don't like intarsia knitting at all.

That would be greatly appreciated! :D We should make this the most comprehensive online source for Dev-related knitting/crocheting patterns. :P (all though it probably already is : P )

Tonya Elf wrote:Oh, and I know using "Faffy" and "Lettuce" to address you guys is weird...too lazy right now to try and find your real names. Love you guys! :D

Haha, that's cool! When communicating in English I guess Faffy (or anything really) works better than Eli - which is my real name, pronounced Eh-lee, 'cause I'm female and stuff. :P Thanks a lot for giving me an internationally male name, mom and dad...
#260975 by Lettuce
Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:25 am
My name is Violet, but you can call me whatever you like :P Lettuce has been stuck to the bottom of my shoe (metaphorically) for about 10 years, I tell people to just call me Violet if they like, but they still don't :P

WOOOO *gets wool out*
#261237 by BrunoN
Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:06 am
Lettuce wrote:I crocheted it! AND YES!

1) six sc in magic circle. pull loose end to close circle. (6 st)
2) inc in each stitch in round. (12 st)
4) #one sc in next two st, inc in next st# repeat stitches between the #'s five times. (24 st)
5) #one sc in next three st, inc in next st# repeat stitches between the #'s five times. (30 st)
6) #one sc in next four st, inc in next st# repeat stitches between the #'s five times. (36 st)
7) in back loops only, one sc in each st around. (36 st)
8) in both loops, one sc in each st around. (36 st)
9) one sc in each st around. (36 st)
10) #one sc in next four st, one inv dec in next st# repeat stitches between the #'s (30 st)
11) #one sc in next three st, one inv dec in next st# repeat stitches between the #'s. Stuff body firmly. (24 st)
12) #one sc in next two st, one inv dec in next st# repeat stitches between the #'s (18 st)
13) in front loop only, #one sc in next two st, inc in next st# repeat stitches between the #'s (24 st)
14) in both loops, #one sc in next three st, inc in next st# repeat stitches between the #'s (30 st)
15) one sc in each st around (30 st)
16) #one sc in next three st, one inv dec in next st# repeat stitches between the #'s (24 st)
17) #one sc in next two st, one inv dec in next st# repeat stitches between the #'s (18 st)
18) #one sc in next st, one inv dec in next st# repeat stitches between the #'s. Stuff body firmly. (12 st)
19) #one sc in next st, inc in next st# repeat stitches between the #'s. (16 st)
20) one sc in each st around (16 st)
21) #one sc in next st, one inv dec in next st.# last st in row is sc. Stuff top of body firmly. (11 st)
22) inv dec five times. do not sc in last st. (5 dec st)
23) to the end - starting with last st from last row, inv dec around until reached desired tip length. fasten off and weave in end.

...Something tells me we're not gonna get that many guys in there.

Yeah. ^^ that actually looks tougher than programming.

I remember at least one knitting dude here, though. Proper metalhead with explorer guitar in his avatar, who was also fan of knitting. Unfortunately don't remember the nick :|
#261238 by Faffy
Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:30 am
I can't speak for crocheting, or programming in general... but I've found that generating and carrying out a knitting pattern and a website can be equally frustrating. Only difference is that you can preview a website, while if you fuck up a knitting project, you have to start all over again. :P

I have no idea what I'm doing:
Image (clickable)
(ignore weird the random colors... they're only for measurements)
Does this look right? D: