Post HevyDevy fan art, covers, mashups, guitar tabs, etc here
#302511 by Abydost
Thu May 31, 2012 9:37 am
swervedriver wrote:
swervedriver wrote:One of my amplifiers has been in repair now for 4 months, and it remains to be fixed. They claim they're working on it. It's still under warranty so it's not going to cost me anything, but damn... In the same time they're using to fix it I could've obtained an electronics degree and built an amp myself.

I finally got it back last month, after being in repair for over 7 months. Still hums, although they claim it's due to its old age/circuitry and thus cannot ever be fixed. It's not a volume-dependent hum at the moment, and they've said they got rid of the volume dependence of the hum. But it's been so long, I don't even remember whether it was volume-dependent in the first place when I turned the amp in for repair all those months ago...

And then 2 weeks later I bought a new amp. :P

I don't know about swaffel-land but here in Norway we have laws that are on your side if it takes longer than 6 weeks. :)
#302528 by swervedriver
Thu May 31, 2012 12:25 pm
Well, it was still under warranty when I handed it in, so I never paid anything for it otherwise I'd have been much more on this as I have been. The added bonus now is that I'm (in)famous over there, so I can easily haggle for discounts. In fact, Wout already has, even though this affair has little else to do with him. :P
#302540 by swervedriver
Thu May 31, 2012 2:01 pm
Billy Rhomboid wrote:Wout has haggled an extra 30% on his guitar strap

Yes, in length. Not in price.

:lol:
#302548 by Geeorj
Thu May 31, 2012 5:16 pm
Just any regular story about someone waffling on about how much they know about guitars to their musically-inept mate/girlfriend is enough to make me leave the building.

'Hey that one looks pretty cool'

"Yeah that's a fender '86 chilean strat with vintage-sanded buckleboard strips and teaberry coloured ploop crimps. I'd prefer it if it didn't have the monkey arm spinners on the underside but this is only the budget copy"

._.
#302554 by BrunoN
Thu May 31, 2012 11:01 pm
Geeorj wrote:"Yeah that's a fender '86 chilean strat with vintage-sanded buckleboard strips and teaberry coloured ploop crimps. I'd prefer it if it didn't have the monkey arm spinners on the underside but this is only the budget copy"

Well it isn't half bad when they actually know their ploop crimps. Music store is pretty good place for geek talk after all, even if it's directed at unsuspecting passer-bys :)

(you have rather amazing "Love" cover on your youtube, by the way. I usually avoid covers and consider them waste of time but this one is pretty spot on)
#302558 by snout
Thu May 31, 2012 11:52 pm
BrunoN wrote:
(you have rather amazing "Love" cover on your youtube, by the way. I usually avoid covers and consider them waste of time but this one is pretty spot on)

Indeed! Share the tab? pretty please?
#302894 by Geeorj
Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:40 pm
Fanx guise!

http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/s/strap ... ve_tab.htm
Pretty sure it was this ultimate guitar one :P the only real change I make in the video is that I play the low C and G open at some point in the chorus...sounded better and more strapping imo.

Yeah I guess music emporiums are the best place for guitary geek talk, but to me it's kinda like a guy walking into an adult film shop and bragging about his knowledge of the clitoris...unless you're trying to get a job working there, it's just arrogant and embarassing :P
#302943 by wyldweasil
Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:51 pm
I wouldn't no where to stop

There's been times I've gone in to buy specific things and have one little question only to find out i know more about the product than the staff does.

the worst was when I broke a string trying something out, dude was a total dick to me, and when I came back months later to buy something, same dick got commision on a high ticket item I bought, I tried searching the store so hard for someone else but no, and of course yet again, acted like a dick. I hope he got fired.