Post HevyDevy fan art, covers, mashups, guitar tabs, etc here
#302041 by Geeorj
Wed May 23, 2012 11:25 am
Revalver is just the best. I think the beef is definitely there in your tone but IMO a little too much distortion. You might find that those mid frequencies will cut through better and the more articulated notes will be clearer. Still a badass tone man, what heads/impulses are you using?
#302043 by megahunter
Wed May 23, 2012 12:04 pm
Geeorj wrote:Revalver is just the best. I think the beef is definitely there in your tone but IMO a little too much distortion. You might find that those mid frequencies will cut through better and the more articulated notes will be clearer. Still a badass tone man, what heads/impulses are you using?

it starts with a noise gate, then a 6505 preamp with crunch and high switches on, then a single triode, then a flathill on the vintage channel, then re-lay 4, then the sperimental impulse, then another noise gate, i also went into the amps and if i recall correctly i made every tube lively, the 6505 and flathill are EQ'd to 3 on bass 7 on mid and 3 on high
#302167 by Geeorj
Fri May 25, 2012 4:24 pm
A mesa head with a 6505 preamp? This is why I love Revalver :)

That's quite a digital rig, I had no idea that so much tweaking went into it. I get great results with 'Guitarhacks' mesa impulses with a 6505 head and a physical TS808 to give it some focus. The rest is just the standard high and low passes and some very slight eq and post-gating :)
#302181 by megahunter
Fri May 25, 2012 11:43 pm
Geeorj wrote:A mesa head with a 6505 preamp? This is why I love Revalver :)

That's quite a digital rig, I had no idea that so much tweaking went into it. I get great results with 'Guitarhacks' mesa impulses with a 6505 head and a physical TS808 to give it some focus. The rest is just the standard high and low passes and some very slight eq and post-gating :)

Well i wanted it to also be able to be used live if needed and just needimg revalver to use it then ^^
#302547 by Geeorj
Thu May 31, 2012 4:44 pm
Yeah I've wanted to experiment with having a completely digital fx rack onstage, a laptop with direct monitoring in cubase or something and DI'd to the desk. In theory that would be shwueeet (and wouldn't need to break the bank for an axe fx)
#302666 by megahunter
Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:17 pm
Geeorj wrote:Yeah I've wanted to experiment with having a completely digital fx rack onstage, a laptop with direct monitoring in cubase or something and DI'd to the desk. In theory that would be shwueeet (and wouldn't need to break the bank for an axe fx)

it would be like a poor mans axe fx! and it could help a bit too with a laptop onstage if using a guitar synth, there are some pretty badass synths out there that could be fun playing around with live.