Post HevyDevy fan art, covers, mashups, guitar tabs, etc here
#320568 by spacecatapult
Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:19 pm
Craving validation? Wishing to be praised eternally for vocals worthy of appearing on an official Devin Townsend release? Seeking comfort that you aren't the only one who definitely needs some singing practice?
I've created a SoundCloud page that anyone here may use to upload their Universal Choir submissions for public scrutiny! My own submissions are live at the following link, but I'm sharing the account information with you all here so you can join in on the fun.

https://soundcloud.com/universal-choir

The username is universal-choir. The password is what the "Z" in "Z2" stands for (in lowercase).

A couple ground rules I'd like to request for participation:
- Only post your own vocal recordings a capella or with the associated "No Vocals" track. Don't mix in Devy's guide vocals or try to bury yours under the music. We want to hear YOUR sexy voice(s)!
- Post a name with your files. That name could be your real name, forum username, or even just "anonymous" if you're worried about angry mobs.
- If you'd rather post using your own SoundCloud account, just follow the universal-choir account after you upload and I will share your recordings so they show up in the account's stream.
- To a reasonable extent, be kind. Personally, I don't mind if people laugh with me about the points where my voice cracks in a hilarious way, but this wasn't made as a tool for public humiliation. (I'm really hoping there will be some submissions that blow us all away!)
- Don't change the username or password for the univerasl-choir account, for obvious reasons. (I think we can trust a community like this one not to ruin the fun on purpose, right?)

Get uploading - again!
#320577 by swervedriver
Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:35 am
Haha, nice work! :)

I'll try and upload something tonight if I find the time. Despite its terribleness, secretly I'm kinda proud of it. :mrgreen:
#320599 by swervedriver
Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:11 pm
https://soundcloud.com/universal-choir/ ... ntribution

That's all of them in one. I am not responsible for shattered eardrums and/or glass objects. :D
#320609 by swervedriver
Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:17 am
spacecatapult wrote:Nice work! When you said terrible, I thought it was going to be something more along the lines of this: https://soundcloud.com/lachlan-mario/z2-universal-choir
:lol:

Ooh ouch. :lol: No, I hold myself to slightly higher standards which I can't live up to with my singing capabilities, but now I know I can somewhat mask it by using many layers. :P
#320886 by KeasbyNights
Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:24 am
I just found this, but swervedriver, you're actually quite good. :) I don't have the stones to upload my contributions, I had to make sure my neighbor's couldn't even hear me practicing before I was able to sing loud. I freeze when other people can hear me. :lol:
#322359 by swervedriver
Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:19 am
^ I'm preeetty late to see/reply to this, but thanks! I'm sure my neighbours could hear me recording this stuff, but I've not heard any complaints fortunately. Also, use some good headphones, close your eyes and just belt out everything. :lol: Can't say I like my singing voice, but I like trying stuff which is way out of my natural range; then apparently I turn into some screamo dude (Dimension Z verse, the "and all who've gone" part at the end there).
#322429 by KeasbyNights
Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:42 pm
Well you did a marvelous job. :D I listened back to my submissions and I'm god-awful. But thankfully as a group I'm certain you can't even make me out. I'm just part of the grand collective and that's fine by me. :lol: