Post HevyDevy fan art, covers, mashups, guitar tabs, etc here

What sticks don't break all the god damn tiime?

20%
20%
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
5%
5%
25%
25%
#27744 by Noisy_Pink_Bubbles
Sat Jun 05, 2004 7:10 am
There just isn't enough on drums in this forum.
For this post I'm curious about the best sticks to use - but not just ones that don't break, ones that the best feel to play with. Other drummers don't understand what pain us metal drummers go through!
Last edited by Noisy_Pink_Bubbles on Sat Jun 05, 2004 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

#27748 by Hyde
Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:23 am
I'm with ya. There's never enough drum talk! Even though I voted for Ahead, I'm a Vic Firth user.

#27751 by Noisy_Pink_Bubbles
Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:26 am
Interesting, why do you use Vic Firth opposed to Ahead?

#27759 by Hyde
Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:56 am
Well... they're significantly cheaper and most every major drummer is with them... so they must be doing something right. My first pair were some pro-Mark 747B oak... and they're still in working order, but after I that I got a pair of Vic Firth Rock Nylons and that's all I've used since then.

#27767 by Noisy_Pink_Bubbles
Sat Jun 05, 2004 9:17 am
Vic Firth's certainly feel the best, but it truly takes me no time at all to break sticks. Those oak Pro Mark sticks are good, but feel too dense, and break everything else on my kit! It's probably the same with the Ahead sticks.

#27851 by Hyde
Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:53 pm
I heard since Aheads are made of that spacecraft aluminum, they feel alot lighter than wood. I wanna try the Joey Jordison models out, but I think his are like 7As, which I'm completely not used to, but I still wanna try 'em anyways.

#27865 by Seventhframe
Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:15 pm
When I used to play drums I used to buy Vic-Firth and play them upside down because I used to break them and didn't have money to buy new ones :|

#27962 by Noisy_Pink_Bubbles
Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:42 am
I think my next purchases will have to be those Ahead sticks - They look fucking cool too!
Holding your sticks the opposite way round certainly saves breaking sticks, but not your cymbals!

#28044 by cod metal king
Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:13 pm
ahead stick definatly!! i use a pair that were given to me as a x-mas gift. and honestly they are the best feeling sticks i have ever used and the fact that they wont break is something that is a HUGE plus for me being the broke ass that i am. the replaceable sleeves are cheap and i have allways preferred nylon tips anyway, so they just kinda worked out for me. those of you that havent tried them i highly recommend at least giving them a whirl :wink:

#28075 by Persuader
Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:52 am
Vic firth 5b´s works fine for me, but the bastards tend to brake...I buy them in big packs, like 10 or 12 pairs at the time. Does anybody know any good "plastic" sticks, that actually has a good feel to them? Tried a pair years ago (dont remember the brand), and they just didn´t have the same feel as regular sticks. Had to work on them a couple of years before being able to brake´em though. :)