Post HevyDevy fan art, covers, mashups, guitar tabs, etc here

#60620 by fragility
Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:05 am
Jeroen has to be invovled for the fact that he appears to be the only person with organisational skills :)

#60686 by Jeroen
Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:53 am
Hehehe, lol...

Well, I'd love to help out... but right now I don't really know how I can contribute, except by reading ;)

#60693 by Jhook
Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:30 am
ok awesome, mo- lets try your forum and keep this one as an update for people. im from minnesota (usa). i have a bass so that could work too. we need drums desperately!

#60694 by Jhook
Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:31 am
oops, i see wer set for bass players. anyone can sing? i cant sing that high. lol

#60765 by mo
Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:35 pm
I wanna know who's stepping up on drums

keep in mind, whoever takes it one has to have a decent recording set up... no point if the drums sound like poo

#60812 by fragility
Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:29 am
If absolutely pushed and there is no other option I can try and program some computer drums - but I'm no pro and it will take me a while :) still probably better than nothing

#60903 by simen_88
Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:03 am
I play bass and sing second bass, but the recording studio at my school is reserved for 2. and 3. year students. I am 1.

#60932 by mo
Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:50 pm
DRUMS ARE SORTED!!
My band-mate is willing to take it on, he's actually a member of the forum but he's lazy... he's gonna start posting more soon.

http://www.wayoftheextreme.com

there's a link to the forum

#62764 by Archetype
Mon Dec 27, 2004 4:43 am
Ok guys. Let's have a small update.
I see that most musicians live helluva far away from eachother. That may be a problem.
On the other hand, with today's technology a lot is possible.
First of all, who is possible to record drums, and has some quality (at least 5) microphones to do this?
I'm able to record guitars & bass, and am able to mix the whole lot. But I'm sure that more people have that availability, so anyone who has some experience with Logic, Nuendo, Cubase, or any other program which is able to make a nice downmix, let us know.
And then ofcourse there's the vocal part; are there any people who would be interested in doing the vocals, and have the ability to record them?

Ofcourse, if there is some millionaire reading this board, who likes to pay a lot of money to bring us all together to a nice studio and record, that would be great too :D

#62775 by mo
Mon Dec 27, 2004 6:06 am
Archetype wrote:Ok guys. Let's have a small update.
I see that most musicians live helluva far away from eachother. That may be a problem.
On the other hand, with today's technology a lot is possible.
First of all, who is possible to record drums, and has some quality (at least 5) microphones to do this?
I'm able to record guitars & bass, and am able to mix the whole lot. But I'm sure that more people have that availability, so anyone who has some experience with Logic, Nuendo, Cubase, or any other program which is able to make a nice downmix, let us know.
And then ofcourse there's the vocal part; are there any people who would be interested in doing the vocals, and have the ability to record them?

Ofcourse, if there is some millionaire reading this board, who likes to pay a lot of money to bring us all together to a nice studio and record, that would be great too :D

I can do bass and drums with my drummer and record that, then someone can work from there...

#63015 by A Gruesome Discovery
Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:33 pm
I think I have some fairly good mixing and mastering skills. I haven't seen anyone step up to the plate on this one, so add my name into the hat.

#63016 by mo
Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:34 pm
A Gruesome Discovery wrote:I think I have some fairly good mixing and mastering skills. I haven't seen anyone step up to the plate on this one, so add my name into the hat.

cool man
show us some of your shit

#63024 by A Gruesome Discovery
Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:48 pm
sadly, my own CD won't be out until march, and is extremely rough right now, so I have no examples.
I recently mastered a local rap artist's CD that is receiving a commercial release, but I don't have the pressed discs yet.

I think a few people should mix different versions, and the best gets voted on.

#63055 by mo
Tue Dec 28, 2004 4:26 pm
A Gruesome Discovery wrote:sadly, my own CD won't be out until march, and is extremely rough right now, so I have no examples.
I recently mastered a local rap artist's CD that is receiving a commercial release, but I don't have the pressed discs yet.

I think a few people should mix different versions, and the best gets voted on.

sweet
send me some of the rap even, id like to hear how it sounds. Mixing rap and metal would be soooo different.

#63072 by A Gruesome Discovery
Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:48 pm
mo wrote:send me some of the rap even, id like to hear how it sounds. Mixing rap and metal would be soooo different.

I may as soon as I get the pressed discs. Don't know when that will be.
And I really can't stand rap at all, but it was a job, and I've got bills to pay. :D