Post HevyDevy fan art, covers, mashups, guitar tabs, etc here

#67816 by ebles420
Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:33 pm
Woocifer wrote:Schecter eh? I tried one...I thought it felt like a baseball bat was cut in half and drilled into the body, I didn't like it at all compared to my Ibanez RG7321. I tried a Stephen Carpenter too and it was all right, but it still felt cheap and weak...

ibanez tend to have a very shallow neck radius. when i got mine i was used to my les paul, which was very 'clubby' by comparison.

obviously, i'm gonna try before i buy with the schecter (or any guitar for that matter)

#67862 by Woocifer
Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:02 pm
Yeah that's cool, but it wasn't just the meatiness of the neck...that just sounds disturbing...

It was actually the finish on the neck and the wood just seemed to be cheesey. I just didn't like it at all...felt like I was going to get a splinter if I kept playin it.

#68029 by imprinted
Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:03 pm
weird. i was playing a schecter C1 Elite and i Fell in love with it. the neck on it was beautiful! still think i'm going to get a JS100 though and maybe do my current Ibanez DTX 120 up a little with some new pickups and switching, get rid of the pickup selector and replace it with a kill switch plus i plan change the tone for a second volume.

instant metaaaaaaaalllllllllll!