Post HevyDevy fan art, covers, mashups, guitar tabs, etc here
#68038 by Bobby7777
Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:36 pm
Hello All,

I am new here, been browsing for a while though...
Anyway, since this is the musicians corner, here is a song i created:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/toxic ... emusic.htm

It has an intro, and the song called "demise (rise of terror)"... the last one is the one... i hope you guys like it!

I am working on a new mix on this song. some more bass, and less kickdrum...

Thanks!

#68083 by IBrokeAString
Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:06 am
oh damn!
leave the kickdrum as it is. I am loving this song to DEATH!!!
*kneel obey*

/swears to buy a POD XT as soon as possible.....

#68103 by Bobby7777
Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:48 am
Thanks buddy!

I have tried to reduce the kick just a minute ago, and the whole package just lost power... so i am keeping it, i guess...

Hey man, once you bought that POD XT, be sure to let me hook you up with this patch i used on the song... it's a standard one the POD XT, no metal pack needed, it's just tweaked...

Thanks for your time!

#68121 by IBrokeAString
Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:54 am
is it this one here??
http://www.musik-service.de/ProduX/Gita ... POD_XT.htm

I use a KORG Pandora right now. Sweet thing but lacks a bit of punch IMHO.

#68160 by Bobby7777
Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:38 am
That's it!

Great stuff, works like a charm as well.. now the sound is something you have to work on the XT, but if you like tweaking, then this will your kind of thing...

Also, once you record a track with it, and pan that left, another right, and one in the middle, then it sounds way better then it ever did... if you are really serious about buying one, then ask me anything you want to know about it! i'd be happy to help you out, if i can...

Cheers.

#68246 by IBrokeAString
Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:43 am
I'll do that, man! Most definitely. Thanks a lot for the offer! This looks like a complicated piece of technology indeed \m/

#68276 by Archetype
Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:01 am
Wow, I like it.
Are the drums done with MIDI, or a VST plugin?

#68310 by IBrokeAString
Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:53 am
and maaaan...this Orchestra program kicks some serious ass, too. Sorry to spam your thread with my enthusiasm, haha but you got THE sound I am searching for in my home recordings

#68315 by Bobby7777
Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:26 am
Thanks guys! no problem, IBrokeAString... how could i complain? :D

i did the drums with DFHS (Drumkit From Hell Superior)... it's a kickass program that works with VST and MIDI, i did not use MIDI, but i used Fruity Loops as the sequencer... works like a charm, but it takes time... because the drums come dry out of the box, you have to EQ everything yourself.. a bit overwhelming at the start, but very rewarding if you stick with it!

The orchestra is done with Edirol's orchestra package, and that ass well, kicks ASS!

This was my actual first try with it, and it's very, VERY easy to use... i use fruity loops as well to sequence the orchestral sounds.

If this is the sound you are looking for, then please, ask anything you want to know... i am happy to help!

Thanks for your time...

#68837 by IBrokeAString
Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:35 am
\m/ kick ass.
say, what kind of soundcard do you use?

#68858 by Bobby7777
Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:53 am
Hey hey...

I use the audiophile 42/96 soundcard... it's a good card, and not expensive at all these days... it's not the besy offcourse, since there are cards out there that cost about 1000 dollars like lynx cards, but i believe it's the very best in it's price class...

http://www.netzmarkt.de/thomann/thoiw7_ ... dinfo.html