Post HevyDevy fan art, covers, mashups, guitar tabs, etc here
#77569 by inward
Sat May 07, 2005 7:50 am
I have two questions about some things that I saw on the dvd on the last SYL album.

1. I would like to know more about that loud speaker that I saw near the other mics and that was used I think to record some drum?

2.and second question: for what are used exactly the two Neumann U87 ( I'm not shure) that are placed under a music stand with a sheet on it, just over the kick?

if you have some precise answers, it would be nice.
thanks

karl
#78758 by Torniojaws
Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:09 am
inward wrote:1. I would like to know more about that loud speaker that I saw near the other mics and that was used I think to record some drum?

Most likely a monitor.
2.and second question: for what are used exactly the two Neumann U87 ( I'm not shure) that are placed under a music stand with a sheet on it, just over the kick?

Probably ambience mics.
#79475 by HevyMinik
Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:57 pm
Torniojaws wrote:
inward wrote:1. I would like to know more about that loud speaker that I saw near the other mics and that was used I think to record some drum?

Most likely a monitor.

Don't ya think that Gene were using headphones instead of a monitor? You prolly want as clean as recording source as possible when you're recording...?

#79477 by 7lights
Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:04 pm
it's not a monitor, Ill be nice and tell yall.

It's an NS-10 speaker, basically mics and speakers are the same thing both are transducers that convert electrical into sound or vise versa. So... since the speaker is so large and heavy, only very low frequencies are captured and it's used to add boom to the kick sound, you just have to know how to wire it properley so the impedence matches the mic pre-amp input.
Last edited by 7lights on Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

#79478 by geoff
Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:05 pm
Mr :realscott: has spoken bitches !!! Now everybody goes to bed, we're closed :coucou: