Post HevyDevy fan art, covers, mashups, guitar tabs, etc here
#198140 by Falk
Sat May 16, 2009 6:24 pm
AlucardXIX wrote:Possessions is in E, but I think it's tuned ECGCGCE. At least that's how I figured most of it out.

Yup', that's what I thought it was too.

Also, while I once did a tab of Bastard in open C down half a step (so BF#BF#BF#D#), someone also said it may simply be played on a standard 7 string, BEADGBe. And indeed, if I change the tuning in guitar pro, it seems quite possible.
#228780 by Burbster
Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:56 pm
soundsofentropy wrote:Erm, never noticed this thread, so I'm a bit late. I think Dev might actually play "Things Beyond Things" in drop-D, just because it has an "open-string + delay" sort of sound. Regardless, I'm almost positive that "Wild Colonial Boy" is in standard (I tabbed it if you're interested), based on listening and on the video of him playing it on acoustic in 2000.

Also, open-C down a half step is called open-B.

One other thing: all the songs on the Christeen EP are in open-C.

I'd quite like to see your colonial boy tab. :)

EDIT: Or just the chords would be great if you don't have it.
#228819 by Abydost
Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:51 pm
Burbster wrote:
soundsofentropy wrote:Erm, never noticed this thread, so I'm a bit late. I think Dev might actually play "Things Beyond Things" in drop-D, just because it has an "open-string + delay" sort of sound. Regardless, I'm almost positive that "Wild Colonial Boy" is in standard (I tabbed it if you're interested), based on listening and on the video of him playing it on acoustic in 2000.

Also, open-C down a half step is called open-B.

One other thing: all the songs on the Christeen EP are in open-C.

I'd quite like to see your colonial boy tab. :)

EDIT: Or just the chords would be great if you don't have it.

Same, I've been trying a while in Open C, seems to me that that could work as well
#228845 by soundsofentropy
Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:36 pm
I'm sure it could work, but I'm pretty certain Devin plays it in standard. Evidence? Well, watch this--the playing is very characteristic of a song in standard. Also, he says he's gotta change his tuning in the beginning, and he usually plays in open C, so I bet he's switching to standard.

[youtube]C9paTwsRGlQ[/youtube]

Splitting hairs, though. If you've got a way to play it in C, go for it. I tabbed it out awhile ago (it was pretty rough if I remember, but I know all the chords are accurate), so I'll see if I can't find the file and upload it.

EDIT: Found it! Like I said, a little rough, but you get the idea. Enjoy!
#229224 by wyldweasil
Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:25 pm
I know on addicted, "addicted", Supercrush, and "Numbered" are definitely at B,F#,B,F#,B,F# D# while Universe in a Ball is down half a step from that at B flat, and HYPERDRIVE! is at C#. This was either posted here or on one of dev's youtube comments, i forget what everything else equated too
#229242 by wyldweasil
Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:59 pm
I should've done a little homework, really easy to find:
The Dev wrote:Ah yes... :)

Most of Addicted is open B ( b f# b f# b d#)

Universe in a ball is Bb (Bb F Bb F Bb D)

Hyperdrive is open C# (!) (C# G# C# G# C# F)

The Way Home is in regular Open C
#230497 by the-fluke
Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:54 pm
Updated with Addicted tunings.

If someone or some people could confirm that Wild Colonial Boy is definately in E standard then I'll rectify the error. heheh heheh...rectify...heh heheh...
#232892 by Estbarul
Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:39 pm
Thanks for the tunnings! very helpfull!
#237900 by Falk
Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:05 pm
WTFLOL!!11!!

Nevermind what I said about Underneath the Waves tuning, I was either really tired or had a plug-in running distorting the sound in the background :oops: :lol:
#299265 by Foca Belicosa
Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:35 pm
Hello, fellow Devin people.

Sorry for resurrecting this old thread, but I'd like to ask, does anybody know how the bass is tuned in the Ziltoid album? I'd like to transcribe the whole album for bass, but I'm uncertain about the exact tuning.

Regards.
#302465 by jg928
Wed May 30, 2012 12:05 pm
I've played Kingdom from Physicist in open c and open B, i've some places its in the triple A tuning, i'm gonna have to try it. Never of that before
#302503 by wyldweasil
Thu May 31, 2012 5:44 am
Foca Belicosa wrote:Hello, fellow Devin people.

Sorry for resurrecting this old thread, but I'd like to ask, does anybody know how the bass is tuned in the Ziltoid album? I'd like to transcribe the whole album for bass, but I'm uncertain about the exact tuning.

Regards.

same as the guitars
Play it safe with a 5 string GCGCG
#303602 by wyldweasil
Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:57 pm
I've been trying to figure out the outro to Sumeria and determined it's in the "B" tuning, as well as Masturbator.

any chance anyone has a tab or knows if the Sumeria outro is also in the "B" tuning?
#305292 by mrpharm666
Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:25 am
I have the pxd 7 and right now it is in standard. What tuning should I put it in? I want open tuning, just not sure about low string. And what string gauges?