Post HevyDevy fan art, covers, mashups, guitar tabs, etc here

#157014 by Dr.Mosh
Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:16 pm
Hahaha :)
Don't worry Dev, you make it fun in the end. I have to admit I couldn't watch it all the way through though.

HERE IS A TRANSITION CHORD, YOU CAN USE IT! :)

#157015 by TallNerdGuy
Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:17 pm
Oh no! Another project to look forward to! :D

#157016 by The Dev
Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:07 am
quote:I have to admit I couldn't watch it all the way through though.

Dont blame ya...I couldnt get through 5 minutes...damn...

#157017 by Blazingmonga
Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:50 am
Heehee! Great to see this online finally!

I have had a brand new (was shrink wrapped) copy of this for ages and have not been able to watch it as I dont have an NTSC VCR (or any VCR for that matter). So thank you mo for putting this up!

Havent had the time to watch this all the way through, but it looks pretty informative so far.

And I think most peoples heads look funny without hair. Mine looks like a fuzzy egg.

#157019 by Dr.Mosh
Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:01 am
The Dev wrote:quote:I have to admit I couldn't watch it all the way through though.

Dont blame ya...I couldnt get through 5 minutes...damn...

It is a helpful video though if you are want to learn to get around using open C. The "lazy" scale patterns for example are nice, as I have never bothered to sit down and figure them out.

#157020 by Hughie
Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:11 am
Well, here's looking forward to the proper one and enjoying the old one until then:D

#157031 by All Hail99
Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:08 am
I thought it was pretty useful overall :)

Also very amusing in places, but if you say that this is one of those bad moments and that you could do a better, "proper" one, I'm sure we'll be blown away by it (because in all honesty, I thought that this one was pretty damn informative :P).

I shall be looking forward to it!

#157034 by funny_little_guy
Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:13 am
Haha good to see Dev doesn't mind us having this one too much. I don't think it's anything to be ashamed of, it's informative and cheesy so it's everything I ever hoped for.

#157038 by sj_2150
Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:33 am
i wana know why dev shaved his noggin. :D

oh and i got something out of that shuffle bit and the singing while playing bit

#157054 by Biert
Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:18 am
funny_little_guy wrote:informative and cheesy

Yeah that about sums it up. Good stuff!

#157073 by travelyan
Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:45 pm
i'm gonna try open c tuning

(but i promise never to cover another ocean machine song again)

#157074 by kettle
Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:02 pm
It works as comedy alone.

bloody good show.

Is it just me or can you imagine Devy being surrounded by a production team that aren't exactly fluent with every thing he is saying.

Makes I laugh.

Love the whole genuine attitude to why lazy scales are great. I'd also love to see a comedy sketch 'office' style with Devy and Vai criticising the values of each others technique.

#157109 by The Oid
Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:07 am
Some aspects of it were pretty bad, but on the whole it was really interesting, and some of it was really useful. It's rare to get an insight like this into the techniques used, and the reasoning behind someone playing the way they do.

I especially liked the advice about rhythm playing, and playing the strings really hard.

#157113 by mo
Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:51 am
The Dev wrote:Awww shiiittt....X 2

I knew this steamer would show up to haunt me one day!

You know how sometimes you're 'on' with guitar and it all flows and you sound great and other times, you can't think of anything cool to play (or say)?

Well it was the latter, but the Japanese company booked it months in advance...so...it's ...like, um...THEIR fault...yeeeahh....

I'll get around to doing a proper one eventually, in the meantime...enjoy this disaster.:flame:

ps: having a shaved noggin is cool if your head isn't shaped like a macadamia nut...

HAHA get over it you bastard!! And just shave your head again, it will excite all the fan boys.

wow that was harsh

Seriously I thought it was helpful, and if it encourages you to do another one then fuck yeah job well done on my behalf.

thanks and sorry i guess

#157116 by BlackFabio, Inc.
Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:05 am
mo wrote:thanks and sorry i guess

:lol:

I'm just a sick fanboy, I enjoyed every minute from this vid. :oops: