Post HevyDevy fan art, covers, mashups, guitar tabs, etc here

#159049 by frequency-lsd
Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:09 am
I actually learned quite alot from it :lol:

#159233 by Maggai
Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:18 am
I heard alot of bad things about this, so I expected the worst. But it's really funny, and quite informative to someone starting out with open tunings. Pretty cool stuff imo!

A "real" one further down the road would be amazingly amazing thouhgh.

#159246 by Retribution
Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:56 pm
Persuader wrote:Watched it the other day, not as bad as Dev insinuated, actually quite funny and interesting stuff. Never taken the time to investigate open C, those lush chords make a lot more sense now. :)

It's not as bad as he said indeed. But I suspected this before I saw it actually.

I don't know about open tuning though. I've never tested it but I can only imagine that it is a huge step adapting from standard tuning. With all the scales, chords etc being played differently. And in the end, does it really make a difference? Some things that are easy in standard tuning can be harder to play in open tuning then. And vice versa of course.

#159261 by Persuader
Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:42 am
Yup, it's just a matter of taste I suppose. I don't think I'll switch tuning but it's fun to try new things.

#159282 by ghaleon0075
Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:23 pm
Retribution wrote:
Persuader wrote:Watched it the other day, not as bad as Dev insinuated, actually quite funny and interesting stuff. Never taken the time to investigate open C, those lush chords make a lot more sense now. :)

It's not as bad as he said indeed. But I suspected this before I saw it actually.

I don't know about open tuning though. I've never tested it but I can only imagine that it is a huge step adapting from standard tuning. With all the scales, chords etc being played differently. And in the end, does it really make a difference? Some things that are easy in standard tuning can be harder to play in open tuning then. And vice versa of course.
It does make a lot of difference in my playing. I play completely differently in open tunings than I do in a standard variation, I even play pretty differently between different open tunings, catering to what I see to be the strengths of them.

Re:

#232962 by tgchan
Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:48 am
frequency-lsd wrote:I actually learned quite alot from it :lol:

how when you can barely see anything lol... :/

I have this with a 2gb file but it is same horrible quality ;/ just a bigger screen.

Can you buy this anywhere?
#232994 by Pik_Nick'92
Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:44 pm
This is awesome thanks for showing.

Man this guys sense of humour is out of this world, only Jim Carrey comes close.

Haha, "It even sounds like an e, eeeeee!"
#234269 by bermuda_
Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:20 am
Hey guys, I don't know if any of you noticed, but it appears that in this video Devin has his guitar tuned down another half step, which would indicate that for this video demonstration, he used Open B tuning, now having said that I could be wrong on that.
#234611 by tgchan
Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:25 pm
bermuda_ wrote:Hey guys, I don't know if any of you noticed, but it appears that in this video Devin has his guitar tuned down another half step, which would indicate that for this video demonstration, he used Open B tuning, now having said that I could be wrong on that.

yes you are wrong lol watch whole thing you will understand why.
#243533 by Gettostara
Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:23 pm
I dunno if Devin likes it or not... I uploaded the whole shit onto YouTube.

Part 1/6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2gHsUKMQ8U
You can find link for next part from video description.

And Devin, like you said in '07, thought you're not at the best of yours on this video, it still might be a really helpful for those who are new for the open tunings etc. At least it was for me. One of my three guitars is permanently tuned for open C 'cause of this Great Average Guitar Video. And I really, really like the tuning. Like many others have said before me in here at HevyDevy forums and in other places in internet/irl, it inspires you to play differently. You're still "you" playing of course, it doesn't make you Devin but you know.