Post HevyDevy fan art, covers, mashups, guitar tabs, etc here
#280589 by wyldweasil
Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:22 pm
How could I not post in this?

Schecter C1 Hellraiser (with EMG 60 swapped in for the neck)
ESP ltd EC1000 Vintage Honesy Burst with the Seymour Duncans (the satin finish)
Beat up barely playable Epiphone Les Paul Special 2 with different tuners and an EMG 81 at the bridge
Boss TU3 tuner
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Vox VT15 amp
Taylor 114ce Acoustic
ESP ltd F204 bass

Used to own a ton of other stuff that i sold off to accommodate my move from NY to Massachusetts, like Mesa Dual rec, custom Agile 7 string Telecaster, Fender american deluxe 5 string P bass, Mesa Big Block 750 and a ton of other bass stuff I've gotten rid of.
#280600 by Flibblesh
Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:38 am
wyldweasil wrote:
Used to own a ton of other stuff that i sold off to accommodate my move from NY to Massachusetts, like Mesa Dual rec, custom Agile 7 string Telecaster, Fender american deluxe 5 string P bass, Mesa Big Block 750 and a ton of other bass stuff I've gotten rid of.

Always sucks having to sell stuff to pay for things :(
#284131 by Octo
Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:02 am
Right now my gear is as follows.

Electrics Guitars:
PRS Custom 24 SE (25th Anniversary Model) in Scarlet red.
Ibanez RGR320EX in a Roadrage Black finish. (This needs some attention as the blades on the bridge are worn so it will be upgraded to a proper Floyd Rose and new EMG SRO Series Pick Ups.

Acoustic Guitars:
Line 6 Variax Acoustic 700
Freshman FA1AP Electro Acoustic
Freshman FA1DBK Acoustic

Amplification:
Pod HD500 (usually hooked straight to a PA for live work, but a pair of M-Audio Monitors at home).

Next to come will be a Devin Townsend Signature PXD Vicious. Just waiting till I've moved to my new place to pull the trigger on the order!

As well as my DT Vicious, I'm gonna be buying my own small PA system (Yamaha Powered Mixer, Peavey Speakers and Laney Powered Monitor) so will be able to have more substantial practices at home and also play gigs without having to borrow gear or just play support slots.

When I've moved to my new place I'm also going to set up a small home project recording set up. I just Cubase 5 and my HD500 as the Audio Interface just now, but I'm looking into upgrading to a Firewire set up.
#284142 by ctfod
Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:56 am
Hows the Pod HD my man? I have an X3 and managed to wrestle an OK tone out of it when I was using that as my main amp sim (not anymore though, hohoho) but some of the ones like the Treadplate were pretty awful (and Dev making Ziltoid on an XT without his tone turning to shit completely baffles me).
#284154 by Octo
Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:43 pm
ctfod wrote:Hows the Pod HD my man? I have an X3 and managed to wrestle an OK tone out of it when I was using that as my main amp sim (not anymore though, hohoho) but some of the ones like the Treadplate were pretty awful (and Dev making Ziltoid on an XT without his tone turning to shit completely baffles me).

I get on great with it, although the way some folks have complained about it, it makes me wonder if I'm maybe not as discerning as others when it comes to tone.......

If you read the Line 6 forums there are plenty of naysayers claiming it can't do metal tones, but it can.

With the right amp or speaker set up, the HD really does give added warmth and dimension that a real valve amp gives and I think a lot of the problems people have had with the HD series is that a large majority of users have never played through real valve amps and therefore don't know how to tweak the HD to get the right tones. Some have even been claiming to switch back to X3 or XT.

Some folks go way overboard in terms of analysing their sounds and question every tiny pop/squeak and fart.

I prefer to spend my time playing as opposed to tweaking.
#284229 by wout
Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:40 am
H&K Switchblade 100 W combo

Maverick F1
Gibson Les Paul BFG with EMG HZ bridge pickup
Hofner acoustic

Dunlopp Zakk Wylde wah.
Boss tuner.

Rips it up nicely.
#287630 by rakune
Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:19 am
ESP Stef Carpenter Sig. 6-string
Schecter Hellraiser 7-String (set neck, 707 in the bridge swapped out for an 81-7)
Gibson Gothic Flying-V (with an 81-85 set)
LTD Viper Baritone 6

Epiphone Valve Jr. Head
Epiphone Valve Jr. Cabinet

MXR 10-Band EQ
Zakk Wylde Wah
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power ISO 5
Damage Control Solid Metal pedal (best thing ever!) :D

Oh, and an old Line 6 POD XT I use as a headphone amp, with the bass POD patches innit as well :)
#290004 by 89GTA
Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:46 am
Amps:
Old 2-Ch Mesa Triple Recto w/custom covering - purple suede / chrome diamond plate (not my choice - was cheaper that way, lol)
Mesa Roadking Combo in red croc
Line 6 SpiderValve head mkII
Fender M-80 1x12 combo
Some pignose thing from 20 some years ago
Carvin R600 bass amp
Marshall 4-12 cab

Guitars:
Ibanez EX140 (first guitar, real beat up)
Ibanez JS1000
Ibanez RGT3120 w/Dimarzio Drop Sonic/Air Norton
Ibanez S7320
Fender HRR Strat
Schecter C1+ w/DiMarzio Drop Sonic /Air Norton
Epiphone LP of some sort
Yamaha APX-SPL2
Takamine classical nylon string of some sort
Suzuki bass (p-bass wannabe)

Also have an older Pearl export series kit

Misc:
Tascam FW1884
POD X3
ADA MP2 w/all pedals
Yamaha FX900
...and a whole mess of misc PA gear, amps, mics, eq, etc that aren't really worth mention

feel like I'm forgetting stuff though, ah well
#290643 by the_prairie_prophet
Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:40 am
Guitars:

Fender Squire Strat (w/ Dimebucker in the bridge and Humbucker from Hell in the neck, also replaced some other parts on it, basically only the body and tuning heads are the same)
Dillion copy of a PRS Dragon (Dimebucker in the bridge, just recently as I needed to match the bright response in the other)
Yamaha semi-acoustic, the model escapes me.

Amps:
Crate GX-65 jam amp I never use anymore
Crate Excalibur 900 (90 Watt Solid State) with a Behringer 4x12
but lately I've been using my brother's Bugera 333XL with a Randall 4x12

Currently in the market for a new amp, I liked the tone out of the Engls I tried, but not so much the price tag. I'll probably settle on the Bugera since I know what it can do, I'll be getting a better cab though. I might just reinforce and replace the speakers in the Behringer. A friend did that with his old Triple X cab and it sounds super deadly (heavy as all hell though).

FX:
Boss GT-8, I'm too lazy to explore the abilities of this thing
Boss EQ-7 (rarely use anymore)
Boss CE-5 (rarely use anymore)
Dunlop Crybaby Wah (never use)
ISP Decimator (I broke it, and I broke my bros too, don't really know how)

Recording:
Alesis Multimix 8 w/ Firewire
Some good monitors I can't remember the name of at the moment
M-Audio Audiophile sound card

Need to buy some other stuff, but what I've got sits collecting dust without the space to use it, and I'm lazy. So I've held off on buying more gear until I can justify it (as far as recording goes anyways).

That's all my gear!

oh wait, I also have an old Peavey mixer (12 channels maybe? more?) and some stage monitors in my basement for purposes I really am not sure of. Bought em at a pawn shop awhile back, I'm sure they'd come in handy if I needed them.
#294800 by megahunter
Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:56 am
Guitars:
Tokai SG
Epiphone SG with GK3 pickup
Hondo II Les Paul
a black no name acoustic,
banjo
fender cd-60
Jackson RR3 Limited Edition
Tokai Flying V
LTD FX-260

Amp:
Peavey Valveking

Pedals:
Ernie ball volume
Digitech Whammy
Elektro Harmonix POG2
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Digitech bad monkey
Vox Satchurator
GP Tools Stereo Chorus
Tc Electronics Flashback Delay/Looper
Roland GR55
#297099 by swervedriver
Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:56 am
If you leave it in your driveway like that, I'm coming by your house tomorrow.
#297174 by Petie
Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:38 am
My latest: Buddy Blaze 7-string prototype (Buddy designed the Kramer Nightswan with Vivian Campbell and he's the guy who customised DimeBag's Dean From Hell). Buddy made this for me - hence my choice of DiMarzio Crunch Lab 7 and LiquiFire 7 pickups - and it was displayed at his booth at the NAMM Show this year.

Premium poplar body, flamey maple neck, ebony fretboard, original Floyd Rose bridge, neck pitched back around 2 degrees so you can set the bridge higher and pull back without having to rout the crap out of the surrounding area, single volume control and three way switch, 24 5/8" scale length (longer than a Les Paul, shorter than a Strat, great for shredding). Handmade in the USA, and notes have the dimension and body of a Strat rather than regular Floyd Rose superstrats. Also, dig those fretboard inlays!

There's only one other prototype out there right now, a metallic orange one with a maple fretboard and DiMarzio Blaze humbuckers. Both were made at the same time but Buddy signed this one #1 (I guess cos it was the first to find a home).