READ THIS FIRST!

FINAL ROUND- Top 2! Pick the Winner!

19%
19%
31%
31%
#322316 by swervedriver
Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:18 am
Awesome, the first entries have been trickling in this week! :)

As a friendly reminder to everyone else who is participating, the deadline is this weekend. Go go go! ;)
#322410 by Victimlas
Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:46 pm
Hi everyone!

We are still recovering from some technical difficulties from this morning. Voting for the contest will start tomorrow (10/16) and run through 10/22. :D :D
#322457 by swervedriver
Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:17 am
Wow, really nice work everyone! Took me a while to decide :)

(I know that's also what it says in the first post now, but Victimlas edited that one ;) )
#322516 by Chris87
Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:12 am
I wish you could see how it actually blends into the forum. I always have trouble imagining that kind of stuff. Some designs look awesome on its own, but are a bit too much when they are just behind other stuff. Same goes for designs that seem to be boring - that can actually be beneficial.
#322558 by Victimlas
Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:27 am
ppinkham wrote:That isn't a bad idea. Maybe one of the admins could apply these skins and screen shot them? Or better yet, make them available as selectable skins during the voting period so we could test-drive them?

Hey guys! Totally understand it's a little hard to picture. The winning design will be adapted to fit the forums. That means that depending on the design, the menu will move along with the social icons, HDR logo, etc. Also backgrounds submitted fit differently so they would be adapted differently. The reason we didn't mock up all the templates was because of time.

I am trying to think if there's a quicker way to mock it up...

Bookwyrm83, I am glad it finally worked for you! :D
#322590 by Victimlas
Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:09 am
I know it's hard to see how it will all translate. #2 is actually meant to be transparent over the background but it's really hard to show. The background on the header is there so you can see the elements otherwise you would not be able to see it at all.

The board itself (where the posts are) will retain the grey color. The background goes behind where the grey pattern shows right now.

Hope that helps clear it up a little.

FYI as long as voting is open you can change your vote at any time, but only one vote per person.