FINAL ROUND- Top 2! Pick the Winner!

19%
19%
31%
31%
#321951 by swervedriver
Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:00 am
WE HAVE A WINNER!
CONGRATULATIONS TO THECOFFEEGRINDER FOR HIS WINNING DESIGN!

Also congratulations and a big thank to the other 4 finalists. You guys truly outdid yourselves! :D
Ppinkham
Telescopes Are Gay
Creator242
Metalincarnate

The winning design will be adapted for the forums, and will be unveiled very soon.
Thank you to all that voted, and for all the input.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FINAL ROUND! Top 2

Below please find the two mock-ups. Thank you for your patience and input everyone! With our current ginormous database we had to do the mock-ups in a way that would not affect our current setup. So please bear in mind that these are an idea of how it will look, though not 100% exact. You will see some code and brackets please ignore that, (it won't be on the final), the menu will have a color to match each theme, and the background will go longer (vertically)

We hope this give a better idea though!

Thank you again!
HDF Team
Edit by Victoria

DESIGN #2
index.php?style=6

DESIGN #3

index.php?style=5

There seems to be an issue getting the new designs to display for some of you, so we've allowed you to change your board style.

Go to this link http://hevydevyforums.com/forums/ucp.php?i=165 and where you see "My board style" use the dropdown to change it to the mock-ups: Design2 and Design3. Be sure to click "submit" to save the changes, and once you go to Home you should see the design.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank your for all the entries! You really outdid yourselves!
We have 5 AMAZING FINALISTS to choose from!!

Please be sure to click on the link below each one to get a better look. Winning design will be adapted to fit in perfectly with our current template

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DESIGN 01
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DESIGN 02
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DESIGN 03
DESIGN 04
DESIGN 05
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone,

Now that you've had a little time to adjust to the new forum layout, how about you help us dress it up further? We'd love to see what you can come up with to enhance the forum's looks, which is why during the next couple of weeks we'll be having a skin contest.

No, not that kind.

Summon your best graphic skills and show us what you think our forums should look like! After the submission deadline everyone will be able to vote for their favorite design, and the winner will see their work made public in time for the Z2 release! Whether you're inspired by the chaos of Deconstruction and Ziltoid, the soothing sounds of Casualties of Cool, Ghost and Ki, or anything and everything in between, we'd love to see what you can come up with!

- Winner will receive a signed Z2 Digipack CD with a personalized drawing by Devin himself!
- Bragging rights and gratitude from everyone at the HDR Forums.
- A cool rank/badge to display on your avatar.

Your Design submission will consist of two elements: a header and a background for the HDR Forums
Header: Dimensions: 1080px width x 300px height
This will be the centerpiece of the HDR Forums. Make it as glorious as you'd like!
Background: Dimensions: full image at least 1680px x 1080px, or tiled background at least 400px x 400px
Please note that only a portion of the background displays on each side of the forum. An overly complicated background will probably not translate well.
File formats accepted: JPG, PNG, PDF, PSD (High quality please)

To submit your entry please send an email to : contest@hevydevyforums.com
Subject: HDR Forums Skin Contest
You can attach the actual files, or submit a link to your files (i.e. Flickr, Google Drive, photobucket, etc).
Please include your full name and forums username, and be sure to include an email address where we can reach you in the event you are the winner.

- Winner will be chosen by majority vote via poll. All members will be allowed to vote.
- Voting period will run from October 16th - October 22nd
- All submissions will be kept anonymous in the interest of fairness during the voting period.

Rules:
This contest is open to all registered members of the HevyDevy Forums. If you are not registered, please register here prior to submitting your entry.
You are welcome to use any existing official DT-related artwork , or create your own! Please do not use copyrighted images from other sources, including stock art for which you do not own the rights. This part should go without saying, but anything of an obscene, defamatory, vulgar, discriminating, or explicit nature will not be accepted. We reserve the right to refuse any submission that does not comply with the rules.
The winner will be contacted via email and must respond with a full mailing address to receive their prize. Please allow 4-6 weeks to receive your prize.

Submission deadline is Saturday, October 11th by 11:59pm GMT. Good luck and... make it perfect!

-HDF team

**UPDATE** Thanks to everyone that entered!! Voting will start tomorrow 10/16 and run through 10/22.
#322160 by KeasbyNights
Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:21 am
This sounds like an awesome contest. I'm excited to see what people come up with. Having little to no skill in web design, I'll sit this one out and watch from the side. :)
#322162 by Sir Scruffy
Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:27 am
Thinking through this... Similar to the question by coffeegrinder... The header contains links and HDR logo currently, are you looking more or less for a blank canvas to apply these same elements, or do you need a text and logo treatment as well?
Will you be re-theming the actual forum area to match the color scheme of the art?

Thanks
#322163 by Victimlas
Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:39 am
TheCoffeeGrinder wrote:Hello there!

I have a question, just a small one, though.

Does the header need (or is it desirable to have) any kind of titles?

You know, such as "Hevy Devy Forums " ?

That is all, for now.

Off to the kitchen!

Hey there! The HDR logo will be applied to the header to keep with the branding. If you do come up with a cool design where you spell out "Hevy Devy Forums" that would work as well. It is not necessary though

Good luck! :D
#322166 by Victimlas
Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:55 am
Sir Scruffy wrote:Thinking through this... Similar to the question by coffeegrinder... The header contains links and HDR logo currently, are you looking more or less for a blank canvas to apply these same elements, or do you need a text and logo treatment as well?
Will you be re-theming the actual forum area to match the color scheme of the art?

Thanks

Hi! Thanks for the questions!
The HDR logo will be applied to the header to keep with the branding. You don't have to worry about adding it.
The top menu and social media links will be applied as well.

The wining design will be adapted to the forums, and accent colors will be matched to the color scheme of the winning design. Other things might be adapted as well but it's hard to say until seeing the winning design. For instance, the top menu could be repositioned if it would really compliment the new header.

Hope that helps! Good luck!
#322180 by Telescopes Are Gay
Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:14 pm
Well spoiler alert, my design's header is basically a one giant, transparent-dependent centerpiece that's supposed to compliment the background. My knowledge in PHPBB is a bit rusty (read: non fucking existent at this point), but I think forum development allows logos/headers to be centered. Correct me if I am wrong though...
#322181 by Victimlas
Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:18 pm
Telescopes Are Gay wrote:Well spoiler alert, my design's header is basically a one giant, transparent-dependent centerpiece that's supposed to compliment the background. My knowledge in PHPBB is a bit rusty (read: non fucking existent at this point), but I think forum development allows logos/headers to be centered. Correct me if I am wrong though...

That is correct! :D The design will be adjusted to fit as needed and the template code itself takes care of centering and positioning. No worries about phpBB we want your graphic skills! :D