READ THIS FIRST!

FINAL ROUND- Top 2! Pick the Winner!

19%
19%
31%
31%
#322894 by KeasbyNights
Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:12 am
I agree. I originally thought #3 would look better since the designs for the background were along the sides instead of all spread out, but in action I'm leaning towards #2. They're both awesome submissions though. :)
#322913 by Faffy
Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:01 am
I am slightly torn between the body of #3 and the banner of #2 :P

(I still can't get the design previews to work though.)
#322915 by Bookwyrm83
Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:24 am
Well, managed to make the mock ups work and I'm all the more impressed with 2. Number 3 is nice and simple but aesthetically 2 is more pleasing (in my opinion).
#322916 by Victimlas
Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:30 am
Faffy wrote:I am slightly torn between the body of #3 and the banner of #2 :P

Have you tried changing the board style in your profile? Try this link: http://hevydevyforums.com/forums/ucp.php?i=165 and where you see "My board style" use the dropdown to change it to the mock-ups: Design2 and Design3. Be sure to click "submit" to save the changes, and once you go to Home you should see the design.

Please let me know if that still doesn't work :)
#322923 by Faffy
Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:54 am
Victimlas wrote:
Faffy wrote:I am slightly torn between the body of #3 and the banner of #2 :P

Have you tried changing the board style in your profile? Try this link: http://hevydevyforums.com/forums/ucp.php?i=165 and where you see "My board style" use the dropdown to change it to the mock-ups: Design2 and Design3. Be sure to click "submit" to save the changes, and once you go to Home you should see the design.

Please let me know if that still doesn't work :)

How did I miss that? :P
That worked! Thanks!

One thing to note is that both of the designs make the current layout less responsive. That is, it doesn't look too good when the width of the browser window is reduced.
#322924 by Victimlas
Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:07 am
Faffy wrote:How did I miss that? :P
That worked! Thanks!

One thing to note is that both of the designs make the current layout less responsive. That is, it doesn't look too good when the width of the browser window is reduced.

Great! Glad that worked. And yes, your observation is spot on about the responsiveness. Though there's definitely more adjustments coming for the final design. We hope to a have better adaptation once we are making the changes on the database itself.
#322958 by Victimlas
Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:34 am
WE HAVE A WINNER!
CONGRATULATIONS TO THECOFFEEGRINDER FOR HIS WINNING DESIGN!

Also congratulations and a big thank to the other 4 finalists. You guys truly outdid yourselves! :D
Ppinkham
Telescopes Are Gay
Creator242
Metalincarnate

The winning design will be adapted for the forums, and will be unveiled very soon.
#322966 by TheCoffeeGrinder
Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:26 am
Telescopes Are Gay wrote:Wow, that was quick. I guess it's ok to divulge now that I was behind Design #2? Congrats to the winner!

Good contest, champ.

Say, what program did you use?

I used Photoshop CC.

Great software.