Archived

#96069 by Atari
Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:35 pm
nope.

#96100 by ianlogan123
Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:32 pm
Hey, the computer let you say asshole. When I type it in it is edited by the machine. Same with Gene Simmons.

#96101 by ianlogan123
Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:33 pm
OK, maybe not Gene Simmons, but definitely asshole (a$$hole).

#107926 by Naffis-kun
Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:36 am
I really liked St. Anger :(.
That was my first metal album ever, though..
I wonder if I'd still like it.

#107966 by 666zombo666
Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:33 am
dont want to sound like a d*ck but st. anger aint metal its rated as sh*t :D :twisted:

#108097 by sj_2150
Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:03 pm
it had potential to be a good album, but the production is bad, all the songs are sliced up jams, james' voice is terrible in it. for example when he tries to do a powerful scream, he cant do it. trhe funny thing was it seemed like they had an eternity to make this album. i still love metallica though...

#163288 by NFF
Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:24 pm
Wow this thread really went off topic... I dont think the name of the thread was "flame the st anger album." But "Questions to DTB" no wonder Dev hasent posted anything else here.

Ok ill be the first person to actually ask a question. " Dev and crew what was your most insane live that you did as DTB?" I know that lots of insane stuff happened on the strapping tours but we don't hear much about the DTB tours.

#163335 by Drumdude13
Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:13 pm
NFF wrote:Wow this thread really went off topic... I dont think the name of the thread was "flame the st anger album." But "Questions to DTB" no wonder Dev hasent posted anything else here.

Ok ill be the first person to actually ask a question. " Dev and crew what was your most insane live that you did as DTB?" I know that lots of insane stuff happened on the strapping tours but we don't hear much about the DTB tours.

I'd have to say this one time we played in Paris with DTB and it was on the "All in the Family" tour. A huge crowd that song to everything we played, it was amazing!!!! Loved it!

Another time would be a date with did with Opeth... I think it was Hartford on the Synchestra tour. Again a huge crowd and very memorable.

We've had many cool nights for many different reasons, sometimes it was stuff that was happening backstage, sometimes on stage or in the tour bus/RV. Everyone in the DTB are very relaxed and cool so it always makes for a good time.

Hope that answered your question....

All the best,

RVP

#164178 by NFF
Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:20 am
thanks RVP and yes i do remeber gene talking about it in one of the video interviews... dont remember it that well tho... wasent it on the sounds of the underground? duno im rambleing anyways thanks for haveing a ON topic post *glares at the 8 pages of nothing but metallica ramble* besides dev that is.
#172928 by madman
Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:24 pm
Just poppin in my two cents...

So nobody gets the St Anger album. Did you guys even listen to it?

track 7 is one of the most aggressive pieces of music I've heard in a long time. Lars goes in real deep, even jumping up off his stool! The timing is perfect, like Aftermath. Right down to the core, you're pulled in with him. arrrrgggggghhhhh... yeaaaaahhhhh!!!!!!

track 8 they pull out some really old 80's pop band licks and spread them through out the song. And the finale' is absolutly potent. Like the ending of the last song on the black? album. I can never remember the names. I can here the measures though. The openeing of Disposable Heros has a driving power that disappears after a few measures. And it is missed through the rest of the song. This is why I like the song Aftermath so much. He brings up a rythym that is tribal and very potent and absolutly pounding, and he rides it. Damn he rides it. How does he make that sound?

track 9 The lyrics are a bit unimaginative, but they make the point really clear. ( i hate poetry, if I wanted rhymes I'd listen to rap or pop. guitars rule baby ;-) )

I don't know. Ya, I like Metallica and I am bored to death by pop bands like GNR. I don't laugh at college humor either.

Has anyone hear heard of Sir Edward Elgar?

It seems a man can be both an animal and a human at the same time. Heavy metal proves it. Go completely nuts and be in total control. Accurate and intense.

Anyway, blah blah blah, yadda yadda.
laterz
#172929 by madman
Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:28 pm
Oh, I forgot. Dev borrow the opening riff from Metallicas song St Anger in Aftermath. After the opening riffs. I nthe DVD he's wearing the hat. and ytelling you to swab his poop deck.
#172939 by BrunoN
Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:52 pm
madman wrote:Oh, I forgot. Dev borrow the opening riff from Metallicas song St Anger in Aftermath. After the opening riffs. I nthe DVD he's wearing the hat. and ytelling you to swab his poop deck.