Archived

#54145 by Archetype
Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:52 am
I love St. Anger
I'm more into 'riff-metal' than the old Metallica sound with the useless solo pasted somewhere in a song. I love the downtuned guitars, and I even like the fucked up snare sound.
Sue me ;)

#54178 by simen_88
Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:04 pm
I don't understand all the hate for Lars's snare. I like it! It's the only good part of the album.

#55694 by BaldMosher446
Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:26 pm
Seeing that I'm new to the board and I just looked at all the replies to this thread, I must say that I find it rather amusing that someone can just mention the word "Metallica" and we end up getting page upon pages worth of mixed thoughts about them. I say we move on to another topic, coz I think we've pretty much strayed away from the whole concept of this thread, which is titled "Fan Questions"...

#55701 by dub
Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:46 pm
the return!

#55922 by BaldMosher446
Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:32 pm
But I'll go ahead and speak my mind about 'Tallica just to get it out anyway...I've been an avid fan of theirs for quite some time now and I personally like St. Anger. Once I saw the film, the album sounded totaly different when I listened to it again. But that's all I really got to say, I'm not gonna sit here and stroke Metallica's schlong anymore tonight...
#63712 by Yok
Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:59 pm
Funny how this turned into a massive debate about the reasons St.Anger was so crap, dudes, go to the Metallica Forum... :crazy:

#70253 by Greg Reason
Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:58 pm
Archetype wrote:I love St. Anger
I'm more into 'riff-metal' than the old Metallica sound with the useless solo pasted somewhere in a song. I love the downtuned guitars, and I even like the fucked up snare sound.
Sue me ;)

Sue you? I'll just laugh... :lol:

#70956 by brokenclavicle
Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:52 pm
What could I possibly say about Metallica that hasn't been said before? ...

Enough of this crap!
When's DEV gonna post again!?

#91987 by Atari
Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:31 am
probably once he's had a breather.

#95752 by classy camron
Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:14 am
hello,i dont know if dev's gonna read this or not(its funny how many people start by saying that)but yeah this is directed for him,i got to meet byron,jed and gene in winnipeg last april i met you as well but i got properly introduved to them for cam who you know,i met cam through my brother scott(a.k.a scab)first i want to say the show was amazing i have known jesse from misery signals for a couple years now but only through computer so it was a first to meet him aswell i guess i didnt exactly meet you but before everyone parted ways everyone got together infront of the SYL tour bus for a pic and when you got off the bus i said hello when you walked past me i didnt want to start talking to you and bug you cause their is a reason you wher in your bus and not out talking to people like the others but it was wierd it felt like i was saying hi to the pope or something the feeling i got standing by you i have been a huge fan for a very long time like the first time i herd you was like a week after city was released and i was hooked since then,anyway after that show i had to go to the hospital for a long time cause i got this shitty intestine desise and the whole time i was in their i had my head phones listening to almost everything you have done and remembering the concert you really helped me through rough times like bad rough times when it was like nothing at all mattered and nothing brought happiness but listening to everything you felt when you made this music did it for me and helped me wanna get healthier this sickness will never go away but if i stay on the medicine and live how i have to it will be managable for the next time you come through again i was really excited when i herd DTB was comming out with a new cd and dvd cause that means cross canada tour(winnipeg stop) im hopeing so maybe then when you come through i will have some balls to say more then hi too you but thats all i have to say thanks for reading if you did so see ya later

#95758 by gozu
Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:17 am
my god that was a long sentence... :D

#95766 by Biert
Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:43 am
classy camron wrote:hello,i dont know if dev's gonna read this or not(its funny how many people start by saying that)but yeah this is directed for him,i got to meet byron,jed and gene in winnipeg last april i met you as well but i got properly introduved to them for cam who you know,i met cam through my brother scott(a.k.a scab)first i want to say the show was amazing i have known jesse from misery signals for a couple years now but only through computer so it was a first to meet him aswell i guess i didnt exactly meet you but before everyone parted ways everyone got together infront of the SYL tour bus for a pic and when you got off the bus i said hello when you walked past me i didnt want to start talking to you and bug you cause their is a reason you wher in your bus and not out talking to people like the others but it was wierd it felt like i was saying hi to the pope or something the feeling i got standing by you i have been a huge fan for a very long time like the first time i herd you was like a week after city was released and i was hooked since then,anyway after that show i had to go to the hospital for a long time cause i got this shitty intestine desise and the whole time i was in their i had my head phones listening to almost everything you have done and remembering the concert you really helped me through rough times like bad rough times when it was like nothing at all mattered and nothing brought happiness but listening to everything you felt when you made this music did it for me and helped me wanna get healthier this sickness will never go away but if i stay on the medicine and live how i have to it will be managable for the next time you come through again i was really excited when i herd DTB was comming out with a new cd and dvd cause that means cross canada tour(winnipeg stop) im hopeing so maybe then when you come through i will have some balls to say more then hi too you but thats all i have to say thanks for reading if you did so see ya later

WHAT!? This one is even longer! I read the other post first but this just blows me away... 397 words in one sentence. Give that man a medal.

#95800 by VampireDaveGrohl
Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:27 am
My eyes just can't take that. I was reading every forth word so i had to give up.

#95801 by funny_little_guy
Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:27 am
Try saying it aloud as it written. If anyone can do it without passing out I'll give them a nickel. I can't talk anyway my sentance structre on these forums is pretty much a new sentance whenever I accidently tap the full stop key.

#96066 by classy camron
Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:28 pm
you guys are fuckin assholes

Edited by a mod :Well, nobody here, on these forums deserves these kind of compliments.
This was just humour, just in case you feel offensed again