Archived
#72611 by Devinaddicted_Nils
Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:14 am
Hey Dev,

dunno when you'll browse here again...but if you got a minute I'd appreciate an answer...so here ya go.

It just came to my mind when I saw the Booklet of Natural Born Chaos the last time...you produced that album and it seems to be quite different to all the other Soilwork-stuff.

How big and what kind of was your influence on this album maybe regarding the songs?

The booklet is also quite different to the others and I see parallels to your Infinity (white cover, butterflies etc.). Was this kinda honor to you from Soilwork? I'm just curious about it...and maybe I'm a dumb ass and no parallels exist...

thx in advance

nils

#74288 by salvyria
Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:28 am
Speed was suffering flu while they were recording this album so Dev sang a heck of a lot more than he gives himself credit.

I like playing a game of "spot the Devy" when listening to NBC :D

#74750 by Kazrog
Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:07 pm
salvyria wrote:Speed was suffering flu while they were recording this album so Dev sang a heck of a lot more than he gives himself credit.

I like playing a game of "spot the Devy" when listening to NBC :D

I have also heard that this is NOT TRUE and that Speed sang everything except for Devin's parts on "Blackstar Deceiver."

#74778 by funny_little_guy
Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:20 am
I'm pretty sure every now and again you can hear devin singing. It'll just be a line or two or a scream but it really sounds like him.

#74784 by steve_dave
Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:14 am
I coulda sworn in 'follow the hollow' dev does a part, in the chorus

'Take a look take a ride
take a look take a ride'

I coulda sworn that sounds JUST like dev (the repeated lines) hope you know what i mean... i THINK i do :oops:

#74986 by simen_88
Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:57 pm
I dunno, Speed's voice resembles Dev's when he's screaming. Even on some of the other albums.

#75012 by funny_little_guy
Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:35 pm
if you look in the booklet evey now and again there is a lyric with i think its a cross next to it. That could be lines that devin sung. Im sure that you can hear devin in way more songs than just black star deciver eaither way.

#76344 by Greg Reason
Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:04 am
I can hear Dev's voice doing high harmonies on Soilworker's Song of the Damned, whihc he is also credited as doing stuff on but not specifically any particular instrument or whatever...