Archived
#114706 by Chops 666
Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:40 am
Hey Dev,

Did you get the Gwar poster I gave to Ryan in Toronto? I usually run into you in TO but I had a long drive and work the next day so I couldn't stick around. 2 reasons for the poster:

1. I heard you are a Gwar fan and that you were contemplating producing their next album. That would be a great poster to get signed up and framed.

2. The artist is a friend of mine. I put his contact info on the tube. He's done merch and gigposter work for Lamb of God, Mastodon and doing something else for Slayer. May be a good fit for the next SYL.

Anyways, thanks for coming back and bringing the DTB guys. That will go down as one of the most memorable performances I've ever witnessed. I cannot believe how tight the band was and your vocals have never sounded better. London was good but Toronto was unbelievable. I hope someone thought to put that show on tape... It would make a pretty incredible Official Bootleg 2.
#114707 by Drumdude13
Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:50 am
Chops 666 wrote:Hey Dev,

Did you get the Gwar poster I gave to Ryan in Toronto? I usually run into you in TO but I had a long drive and work the next day so I couldn't stick around. 2 reasons for the poster:

1. I heard you are a Gwar fan and that you were contemplating producing their next album. That would be a great poster to get signed up and framed.

2. The artist is a friend of mine. I put his contact info on the tube. He's done merch and gigposter work for Lamb of God, Mastodon and doing something else for Slayer. May be a good fit for the next SYL.

Anyways, thanks for coming back and bringing the DTB guys. That will go down as one of the most memorable performances I've ever witnessed. I cannot believe how tight the band was and your vocals have never sounded better. London was good but Toronto was unbelievable. I hope someone thought to put that show on tape... It would make a pretty incredible Official Bootleg 2.

Hey Chops666,

RVP here. Yeh, I gave the poster to Devin right away and he loved it ! The art was wicked and he thought it was awesome !

The reason I'm answering for him is cuz he is in the studio starting today with SYL for their new album and he won't have any chance to get around to answering your question anytime soon. I also gave it to him and thought I'd confirm it with you ! 8)

All the best,

RVP
#114759 by Chris
Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:38 am
Drumdude13 wrote:The reason I'm answering for him is cuz he is in the studio starting today with SYL for their new album and he won't have any chance to get around to answering your question anytime soon.

YES!

I doubt that Mr. Townsend remembers the meaning of the word "vacation"
#114848 by Chops 666
Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:22 pm
Drumdude13 wrote:
Chops 666 wrote:Hey Dev,

Hey Chops666,

RVP here. Yeh, I gave the poster to Devin right away and he loved it ! The art was wicked and he thought it was awesome !

The reason I'm answering for him is cuz he is in the studio starting today with SYL for their new album and he won't have any chance to get around to answering your question anytime soon. I also gave it to him and thought I'd confirm it with you ! 8)

All the best,

RVP

Hey, thanks Ryan. For the reply and passing the poster along. It was great to meet you in Toronto. I have to say I was blown away by how hard you smash those fucking drums live. What an amazing show that was. Thanks again for taking a minute to chat after your set aswell. It's great to meet people you admire and they turn out to be nice people. I hope I get the chance to see you again (either with DTB or NHL) sometime soon.
Now, seriously, did that Toronto show get recorded or what? I can't think of a time where I've seen a band more tight and with such fantastic sound. I'd love to hear it again... and again.