Archived
#114881 by A-Daamage
Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:53 pm
I've been listening to Synchestra quite a bit (yah, I know, hard to believe), and your drumming on Sunset immediately stuck out to me. I was trying to place the reason why, and suddenly it hit me: Hellhammer. For those who don't understand, go buy Arcturus's album The Sham Mirrors and listen closely to the drumming.

So, Ryan, I have to ask, are you at all influenced by Hellhammer's drumming style, especially regarding his cymbal work? I'm certainly not saying this is a bad thing; Hellhammer is a badass. I'm just curious because the similarities in the cymbal play are eerie.

#114918 by Biert
Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:07 am
You might want to ask here or here
#115011 by Drumdude13
Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:39 pm
A-Daamage wrote:I've been listening to Synchestra quite a bit (yah, I know, hard to believe), and your drumming on Sunset immediately stuck out to me. I was trying to place the reason why, and suddenly it hit me: Hellhammer. For those who don't understand, go buy Arcturus's album The Sham Mirrors and listen closely to the drumming.

So, Ryan, I have to ask, are you at all influenced by Hellhammer's drumming style, especially regarding his cymbal work? I'm certainly not saying this is a bad thing; Hellhammer is a badass. I'm just curious because the similarities in the cymbal play are eerie.

Hey man,

Thanks for the kind words. To answer your question.... No, I don't even know who Hellhammer is !!! I'll check him out now though. My biggest influence has been Tim "Herb" Alexander from Primus. That's who really influenced me on all the cymbal work that I do in songs. If you listen to Primus you'll know what I'm talking about.....that guy is amazing on the kit !!!!

All the best,

RVP