Archived
#136895 by Biert
Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:44 am
Hey Brian,

We all know that Devin likes his guitars tuned lower than low, and you'll just have to put up with that.
But I was wondering, whenever you play in other bands like Evenlight, or maybe just for fun for your pets and neighbours to hear, what tuning do you prefer? Do you always play that 'Open C' tuning, or only for the DTB?

Cheers,

Biert

#136960 by beavis christ
Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:36 pm
I actually prefer the open c tuning as well. I have been using it since about 97, and that is really the only tuning I played for years. But I have noticed that ever since we recorded Synchestra, both Dev and myself have actually gotten back into the whole standard tuning thing. Dont know if there will be any songs to come out of that, but it is really fun to go back to it, cause its been so long that it is like learning it all over again. Plus I just bought myself one the Eddie Van Halen Charvels, so I have been learning all the VH classics, which are all in standard tuning and dropped d. Although Eddie tunes a half step down so when I learn that stuff it is a pain in the ass! :lol:

#137008 by Biert
Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:13 am
Thanks for the answer, man! I've always been curious about this.

Now it's time to post some pics of those new axes of yours :twisted:

#137460 by InfoDump
Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:12 am
it would be kool to hear some songs done with standard tuning

#137465 by Biert
Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:27 am
Let It Roll, Vampolka and Vampira are standard. Maybe Sunshine and Happiness too ;)

#137469 by beavis christ
Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:46 am
Sunshine and Happiness is in standard, but from what I recall, and my memory is pretty hazy :lol: but let it roll is in open C.

#137470 by Biert
Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:52 am
Whoops sorry! This post from a looong time ago must have gotten me confused!