Archived
#137872 by Chris
Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:23 am
Why did Dave do all the guitars on Sunshine&Happiness? He did a great job, no doubt, and I know that one could describe it as his main instrument. I just wonder how it happened.

Cheers,

Chris

#137875 by Planet Rain
Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:44 am
the dev can't play guitar in standard tuning?

#137876 by djskrimp
Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:09 am
Planet Rain wrote:the dev can't play guitar in standard tuning?

BLASPHEMER!!!!!!!!

If you'd said "won't" instead of "can't", I'd have let it slide. But, you didn't, and now you will suffer!!!!

I'm giving you REALLY dirty looks here....

Really....

Dirty....

Mean and dirty.....

Grrrrr kinda looks.....

#137881 by Biert
Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:39 am
Devin can and will play standard tuning (Vampira/Vampolka), Beavis said he and Dev had a lot of fun going back to standard.
I guess the reason Dave played the guitars on Sunshine and Happiness is that the song isn't completely serious, and Dave can play lots of instruments? And the Beav was already singing 8)
"OOOOOOH YEEEEEAH!!!"

If you like Dave's guitar playing, he's playing on Ryan's Terror Syndrome, keep an eye on that ;)

#137907 by Das Schuetzenfest
Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:01 pm
Biert wrote:Devin can and will play standard tuning (Vampira/Vampolka), Beavis said he and Dev had a lot of fun going back to standard. I guess the reason Dave played the guitars on Sunshine and Happiness is that the song isn't completely serious,

Completely serious like, uhm, Vampira/Vampolka. Right. :D

#137910 by Planet Rain
Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:40 pm
dev can only play guitar one finger open tuning style there i said it

#137913 by djskrimp
Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:33 am
Planet Rain wrote:dev can only play guitar one finger open tuning style there i said it

I warned you people. Now, the dirty looks:

#137953 by beavis christ
Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:21 pm
Ok, here goes! Dave is the keyboard player in DTB but he doesnt really ever play them other than when hes in DTB. In actual fact Dave is an incredible guitar player (his main instrument of choice) and Dev thought it would be really cool for Dave to get to actually get to play some guitar on the record. And yes you are right he did an amazing job!

#137972 by superhydroyeast
Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:09 am

wasn't the deep peace solo done in standard? or am I just talking crap. because the tab I got has the powerchord(ing) guitar in open C and the solo in standard, or that could e the way they worked it out, but I'm not really sure.

#138020 by kyl88
Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:20 pm
superhydroyeast wrote:

wasn't the deep peace solo done in standard? or am I just talking crap. because the tab I got has the powerchord(ing) guitar in open C and the solo in standard, or that could e the way they worked it out, but I'm not really sure.

I'm 100 percent positive it's in open c. :)

#138034 by Planet Rain
Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:57 pm
er im just fucking around, isnt vampira in standard

#138044 by superhydroyeast
Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:55 am
kyl88 wrote:
superhydroyeast wrote:

I'm 100 percent positive it's in open c. :)

well then I'm going to eat the person who tabbed the solo, because I've now learnt it in standard, meaning i have to learn it all over again :evil:

#138052 by Planet Rain
Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:12 am
i say keep playing it in standard or even your own open tuning

sepultura song - "open up your mind and go your own way!"

#138053 by Falk
Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:17 am
Ha-ha ! ;)

Yup', it's in open-C, in standard the fingering is way more awkward, having to make some mini bars on the 16th and 19th frets all the time.

Look here :
http://hevydevyforums.com/forums/viewto ... +peace+tab

#151344 by day old male
Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:06 pm
Can anyone tell me what it means when guitarists talk in terms of 'fifths'? Devin mentions it re. his 7-string guitar on the instructional video. I do actually play a little guitar, but know virtually nothing about music theory. I presume it relates to the fact that in open C tuning, the G & C notes are 5 frets apart? But what about the high string being in E? That's only 4 frets apart from the 2nd last string in C? :sad: Any info would be great folks...