Speak your own language here...

#50982 by Vesper
Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:41 am
Polish is one heck of a pain in the ass.... for foreigners :twisted:

Apophis, mate - you're willing to get that Hate tee for refunding postage costs? I wish I could send you the thing P&P free, but life got kinda drizzlehellish with me lately... I still got the money to buy IT :) but sending it is like uncheap... ;)

#51090 by Apophis
Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:23 pm
I love how I ask a simple question, trying to decided between Polish & Norwegian, and the thread degenerate into a "fantasy language" kind of chat.

I think I'm going to go for Norwegian, partly because it's closer, but also I dare say I'd have more chance of actually finding something to help me learn said language.

I can't imagine many places getting much call for Polish phrasebooks.

Apophis, mate - you're willing to get that Hate tee for refunding postage costs? I wish I could send you the thing P&P free, but life got kinda drizzlehellish with me lately... I still got the money to buy IT but sending it is like uncheap...

if you knew just how rare a Hate t-shirt is outside of Poland, you'd know the answer by now ;)

yes I'll give you the postage money, so long as it's not equivalent to the GNP of Malaysia ;)

Metalopolis don't seem to charge much (by British standards) for postage, though I guess it's all subjective & perspective.

#51097 by Skeletor
Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:30 pm
simen_88 wrote:Nice! What does hirvenpasta mean?

Moose pasta. I think he meant hirvenpaska, which means moose shit.

#51113 by Sapphire
Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:20 pm
Yay! Go Norway!

#51159 by FinnAtLondon
Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:25 am
Skeletor wrote:
simen_88 wrote:Nice! What does hirvenpasta mean?

Moose pasta. I think he meant hirvenpaska, which means moose shit.

I assume he ment that too but I didn't want to spoil the unintenional humour.

#52367 by DeepFriedKittens
Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:31 pm
I hate when people cuss and are like "nyuuuuh excuse my french rofls"

#52369 by happygirl
Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:35 pm
I would love to learn Svenska!!!!

#60000 by eggie
Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:07 am
happygirl wrote:I would love to learn Svenska!!!!

I can teach you some :lol:

#92737 by bnm_lord
Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:29 pm
I was learning Icelandic, but then the teacher left (to return in Iceland) and I can't find another teacher in Montreal. That sucks.

#101147 by Morgiah
Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:29 am
Devinaddicted_Nils wrote:Denmark rules the world !!!! At least for me ;)

Me too! ;)

Danish has been more difficult for me to learn than Swedish tho. Danes swallow their sounds too much so it's hard for a me (being from the Southern US to boot) to make it sound "right"... sigh. :)