Speak your own language here...
#74790 by steve_dave
Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:47 am
Hi... basically i want SOMEONE somewhere to tell me what the four characters at the bottom of the video case mean... I've been trying to find out since i bought this damn video so if ANYONE... ANYWHERE knows anyone that might translate this PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE find out for me!

Many thanks

#74795 by Blazingmonga
Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:50 am
The IMDB gives the following information on this title:

www.IMDB.com wrote:Also Known As:
Fist of the North Star
Ken, Great Bear Fist (Japan: English title)
Seikimatsu kyuseishu densetsu - Hokuto no Ken (Japan)

So it could say 'Ken, Great Bear Fist'. My brother can probably confirm this as he speaks and reads Japanese reasonably well. He isn't here just now though, so thats all I can give!

FOTNS kicks ass though.

#74797 by steve_dave
Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:07 am
Blazingmonga wrote:The IMDB gives the following information on this title:

www.IMDB.com wrote:Also Known As:
Fist of the North Star
Ken, Great Bear Fist (Japan: English title)
Seikimatsu kyuseishu densetsu - Hokuto no Ken (Japan)

So it could say 'Ken, Great Bear Fist'. My brother can probably confirm this as he speaks and reads Japanese reasonably well. He isn't here just now though, so thats all I can give!

FOTNS kicks ass though.

Thankyou SO much... that would be awesome... i'd cyber kiss you if i could find a smilie :wink:

#74798 by steve_dave
Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:08 am
jon wrote:i bet it says...

'an epic assault on the senses'

...but thats just an educated guess!

See i thought it might've said that... that or 'fist of the north star'

just needed clarification

#92794 by Tokyo Joe
Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:40 am
It says "Hokuto no Ken". Hokuto (the first 2 characters) means "North Star", the "no" (third charcter) is kind of like "'s", and the last character "Ken" means "fist". It is also refers to the name of the main charcter "Ken Shiro.

In case you're interested, they're making a movie version of "Hokuto no Ken", as well as an updated animation version, which should be out some time next year.