A place to share your own music and creative projects.
#270760 by AlucardXIX
Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:56 am
MikzorTheFirst wrote:Sounds pretty pro man! Some REALLY cool riffs in there too.

Thanks! I think you'll love the album then.

Got to see the first draft of my album art today, very different than my EP's art and I love it!
#272906 by Pik_Nick'92
Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:45 am
Just got your album dude. Good job. I'm diggin the riffs a lot and the progressive elements too. Keep it up and rocking 8) .
#273086 by ThePhilosopher
Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:15 pm
The album kicks major ass - I'd say its between the Tesseract album and Periphery's album in feel; musically dynamic but very heavy and innovative. I consider Tesseract to be far more musical than Periphery (whom I think is more noise-oriented, but not bad at all).
#273088 by AlucardXIX
Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:38 pm
I'll definitely take that as a compliment because both Tesseract and Periphery have made a huge impact on my music. Though I feel like I've gotten that out now on this album, next one is shaping up to be a bit different. Tesseract are far more groove oriented than Periphery.

Appreciate the kind words and glad you guys dig it!
#300313 by AlucardXIX
Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:56 pm
Been for freaking ever since I've been here. Life stuff has been doing it's thing. But I've gotten quite a bit more serious about my music and all that good stuff.

Anyways, here's the title track for the next Encircle album.

http://soundcloud.com/alucardxix/encirc ... dreamstate
#300327 by CutManMetal
Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:19 am
You've got a great guitar tone. Your music also has a good way about it, in that it... how to describe it... It just keeps one's attention in a really pleasant way.
#300406 by AlucardXIX
Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:21 pm
Thank you! I've spent countless hours making this tone, and it's pretty much all I've ever wanted.

As for the music, that's also what I was going for. Being able to keep your attention without tons of solos and vocals. Just music.
#300542 by CutManMetal
Wed May 02, 2012 12:27 am
I really need to spend more time on my tone... I listen to people who really do like this, and it makes me wish I'd sit down and make a good signature tone.

I really like your mindset. Yeah, I really think, even in metal and instrumental music, people should think in terms of songwriting. Is this memorable, is this interesting... Forgo technicality sometimes, one doesn't need solos all the time, etc. I admire your philosophy.
#300657 by AlucardXIX
Wed May 02, 2012 2:56 pm
There are plenty of technical moments in the other songs I have, but my main concern is always making sure a song flows. Too many people worry about being the most technical, or the "most groovy" in the "djent" scene, but forget the idea of writing a SONG.

The tone is Axe FX