A place to share your own music and creative projects.
#291101 by CutManMetal
Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:23 pm
Hi everyone. I pop up here sometimes, lurk constantly, maybe some of you recognize me, I don't know. I always told myself
I'd make myself become a more active member before sharing, but maybe sharing will help me come out of my lurking shell, so...

http://arresteddecay.bandcamp.com/

http://arresteddecayband.weebly.com/index.html

This is my project, Arrested Decay. Right now, all that's up is an EP that I made in what I can only describe as haste.
(I set an unreasonable deadline and refused to let myself work past it. Should have, it caused me to have to leave in
mistakes or errors I wish I could fix.)

Still, I'm proud of it. and I'm currently working on a full length titled My Ghost Town that I'm really putting time into, I've been working
since I finished this EP. I fancy myself prog or very prog influenced, but that doesn't show so much on our EP. Also, I've almost dropped the screaming on My Ghost Town and am considering dropping it entirely by the next album. (Which I've already written. If I'm anything, I'm prolific.)

Oh, and if you like H.P. Lovecraft and/or Persona 3, check out the first two tracks, inspired by those two subjects, in that order.
#291123 by earworm
Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:40 pm
Cool stuff man, definitely some syl influence in there.
#293306 by CutManMetal
Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:25 pm
Just posted a "Making Of" video for the coming album, My Ghost Town. Some clips of music from it, and maybe an excessive helping of the silly stuff done around recording.

[youtube]sO4Iz-CGhIo&feature=channel_video_title[/youtube]

I'm the one in the glasses, by the way. And yes, the new album will feature glockenspiel. If that doesn't sell you on it, I don't know
what will.
#295909 by CutManMetal
Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:49 pm
New song! Called "Judgmenta", another of my songs inspired by cults and mob mentality, and how some people take advantage of it.

[youtube]znTbz1AL0p4&list=UUiqSRt3Z6Gi9EPw6gd8O9XA&index=1&feature=plcp[/youtube]
#296320 by CutManMetal
Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:05 pm
And here's a sampler with bits from most of the songs off the coming album. Hoping to have it all done, soon, I'm pleased with how it's
all turning out.

[youtube]TRo-BDQxc6s&list=UUiqSRt3Z6Gi9EPw6gd8O9XA&index=1&feature=plcp[/youtube]

Only songs not sampled are "Self-Sabotage Anthem" and an interlude or two.
#299416 by CutManMetal
Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:07 am
Quadrupple posting like a mofo, enjoy this mock "trailer" for the album. Got two new songs coming out over the weekend.

[youtube]e1_TE12UDcI[/youtube]
#300081 by twentyjunious
Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:47 am
Heyyyyy! Was just listening to 'Self Sabotage Anthem'. I love the crunch on that guitar tone :chain: . Cool riffs too :D. Are you guitars and vocals? I saw you do a bit of both in the making of but not fully sure.
#300095 by CutManMetal
Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:17 am
Thanks! :) I try to make every riff memorable, is my motto.

Yeah, I play rhythm guitar and sing. (Unfortunately, I can't take credit for the solos) I tend to write the songs all the way through, and my rhythm guitar becomes the skeleton for the others to add over. I do vocals last, I spend the time everyone else is adding their own touches writing them.