A place to share your own music and creative projects.
#304818 by Aden
Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:14 am
Rather than create a zillion new threads for each new project I start, I decided just to put everything in here from now on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cyfic (DnB): YouTube, SoundCloud
(Original thread: LINK)
[New Track - 10.03.13]

"Aden Prescott" (Anything-Goes): SoundCloud
[New Track - 25.10.12]

Ostur (Jokey Metal): Facebook
(Original thread: LINK)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So yeeaaaaah, I just finished a new thing to go with my self-named stuff:

Astral

It's a re-vamped version of an idea I started years ago but never finished. My friend seemed to really like it back then, so I decided to finish it as a sort of 'gift' to him, though I have always wanted to finish it myself.

It's nothing special. Just an ambient kinda thing written/produced on my computer, not really sure what genre it would classify as. Give it a listen if you're bothered at all :)
Last edited by Aden on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:52 am, edited 6 times in total.
#304829 by BrunoN
Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:23 am
Aden wrote:So yeeaaaaah, I just finished a new thing to go with my "Random Stuff":

Astral

It's a re-vamped version of an idea I started years ago but never finished. My friend seemed to really like it back then, so I decided to finish it as a sort of 'gift' to him, though I have always wanted to finish it myself.

It's nothing special. Just an ambient kinda thing written/produced on my computer, not really sure what genre it would classify as. Give it a listen if you're bothered at all :)

Bit repetitive but neat. Great pads and glitchy low-fi ending is pretty awesome too.
#304844 by Aden
Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:31 am
BrunoN wrote:
Aden wrote:So yeeaaaaah, I just finished a new thing to go with my "Random Stuff":

Astral

Bit repetitive but neat. Great pads and glitchy low-fi ending is pretty awesome too.

Yeah it is quite repetitive, but I always think ambient stuff kinda needs to be to some extent. I don't think it's really a track that'd be good to sit down and be entertained by, more just to have in the background or fall asleep to or something.

But thanks for the listen/comment/compliment :)
#306958 by Aden
Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:58 pm
^ Thanks. Got some new metal stuff that shouldn't be far from done now too, but with better production and some sort of actual song-writing effort. So hopefully you (and others) will like that.

New Drum & Bass track:
[youtube]2p6IljdNf-8[/youtube]

Nothin' special, but hopefully not the worst thing you'll ever hear.

Also on SoundCloud, Facebook and BandCamp (free high quality downloads, if you want one...)
#311025 by Aden
Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:05 pm
Decided to upload an old, super-rough demo version of a track I've had lying around for a while from a metal project (another one?!) I started a while back.

Genocyze - Terminal Doctrine
#311310 by Aden
Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:21 am
Something new for once!

Experimental/Ambient kind of prog-rock-but-all-done-on-a-computer type thing.

[youtube]az9W4TeEIFQ[/youtube]
#311575 by Aden
Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:10 pm
BrunoN wrote:Post rock would be more fitting probably. Nicely evolving mood.

I don't know a lot about Post rock (...for some reason, from what I've heard so far it sounds like the type of stuff I could really get into) - so I wasn't sure how closely related to Post rock it was. The songs I've heard were more ambient than this, but yeah, you're right... It would still be more fitting.

And thanks :)
#311789 by LicoriceLain
Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:35 am
Aden wrote:Something new for once!

Experimental/Ambient kind of prog-rock-but-all-done-on-a-computer type thing.

[youtube]az9W4TeEIFQ[/youtube]

Easy to zone out to.
#311860 by Aden
Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:01 pm
^ Thanks Licorice... assuming you mean zone out as in, relax, and not zone out as in... this is horrendously boring :P

aleksi wrote:These are really, really good. Subscribed. How did you make the guitar sound in amberlight btw? I'd love to mess around with that.

Thanks! That's a really nice thing to hear considering everything I've made and put up on the internet so far... I know I can do a lot better than. So that's very encouraging :)

The guitars were made using 3 different acoustic guitar sounds from Pro Tools Xpand2 which were then ran through some distortion.
#311865 by LicoriceLain
Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:45 pm
Aden wrote:^ Thanks Licorice... assuming you mean zone out as in, relax, and not zone out as in... this is horrendously boring :P

I am an Anthropology major which means a fuckton of reading which means very good. :D
#311891 by aleksi
Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:11 am
Aden wrote:^ Thanks Licorice... assuming you mean zone out as in, relax, and not zone out as in... this is horrendously boring :P

aleksi wrote:These are really, really good. Subscribed. How did you make the guitar sound in amberlight btw? I'd love to mess around with that.

Thanks! That's a really nice thing to hear considering everything I've made and put up on the internet so far... I know I can do a lot better than. So that's very encouraging :)

The guitars were made using 3 different acoustic guitar sounds from Pro Tools Xpand2 which were then ran through some distortion.

Were those good acoustic guitars? Or an actual guitar? I've been hunting some more decent sounds lately and I think I've got everything I could ever need except for the bass and the guitar. Right now I'm trying to force these crappy synth guitars to sound good with an amp but its just not working. :?

edit: Yeah I know, these are pretty inane questions. I guess I just need some kind of "it can be done!" encouragement or something...
#311946 by Aden
Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:06 pm
aleksi wrote:

Were those good acoustic guitars? Or an actual guitar? I've been hunting some more decent sounds lately and I think I've got everything I could ever need except for the bass and the guitar. Right now I'm trying to force these crappy synth guitars to sound good with an amp but its just not working. :?

edit: Yeah I know, these are pretty inane questions. I guess I just need some kind of "it can be done!" encouragement or something...

Nah they weren't actual guitars, assuming you mean 'actual' as in "did you pick up a real acoustic and record it with a microphone?". I can't remember which 3 sounds I used exactly, but they were all from the Xpand2 plug-in that (i think) comes with Pro Tools, so if you tried to use them to sound authentic, they'd probably still sound like "forced crappy synth guitars", cus you wouldn't have the things that make them sound genuine (like... fingers sliding over the strings etc.) - if that's what you were going for. Strumming chords would probably sound weird...

I was going for a more programmed/digital sound though so it worked for what I wanted to do.

Sorry if my answers are crap. What type of thing are you trying to do exactly? Did you want an acoustic guitar sound? Or electric/distorted?