A place to share your own music and creative projects.
#304857 by mEh!
Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:59 pm
Hey! :D SO...

I'm working on a new one.. Regardless of how much attention this is going to get besides the last crappy record I did. :lol:
Alchemist Hans Blomberg is a musical. Hans is an Alchemist who lives in a shelter on the south pole. He want to construct a spaceship, travel thru the galaxy to find the fountain of youth and gain eternal life after spending 10 years on an elexir of life that he's cat drank up (Became eternalcat).. Meets people on the way, gets in trouble.. It's a concept-album aswell. Nerdy science and scifi stuff.. :D
The album will be builded with storytelling between the songs and during the songs. (songvocals aswell) Much like ziltoid but much more weight on story I guess.
Very inspired by the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy audiobook I used to love as a kid.

Smells so much Ziltoid doesn't it?
Nice.
Problem solved tho, I will have Ziltoid coming in once in the album giving Hans shit, making his ship crash.

SOO for a preview, check this out. (no vocals, storytelling)

http://soundcloud.com/the-bismuth-project/bismuth-alchemist-hans

Also this crap I made 3am 7 months ago when I first got the idea,

http://soundcloud.com/the-bismuth-project/message-from-alchemist-hans

Peace! :D
#306308 by mEh!
Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:28 pm
Quantumleaper wrote:...that's pretty awesome, it'll be badassier when mixed though. You're doing this all by yourself?

Thanks! :D Yes doing all by myself. Any tips on the mix?? Theres some guitar fuzz difference between the songs but thats fixed now.
#306310 by Quantumleaper
Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:42 pm
Well, I'm not exactly a professional producer nor anything like it so I can't explain exactly, but I'd change some things (judging from your unmastered preview only):

-It sounds a bit too bassy, there should be more treble (probably because of that, the hats are too low on the mix)
-The sound should be overall clearer, everything seems to be muddy there (a bit less toward the end). Maybe having more of the forementioned treble helps, IDK. Or maybe it's just the sound quality itself, or maybe the recording.
-The kicks in some bits (moreso at the beginning) are a tad weird... Don't know exactly why, but I think it might be the volume, then the compression muddies it up. The song volume overall is a little bit low so I can't be sure.

Of course, that's only on the production part, the music itself sounds pretty damn great. Will there be vocals or it's an instrumental?
#306322 by mEh!
Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:12 am
Quantumleaper wrote:Well, I'm not exactly a professional producer nor anything like it so I can't explain exactly, but I'd change some things (judging from your unmastered preview only):

-It sounds a bit too bassy, there should be more treble (probably because of that, the hats are too low on the mix)
-The sound should be overall clearer, everything seems to be muddy there (a bit less toward the end). Maybe having more of the forementioned treble helps, IDK. Or maybe it's just the sound quality itself, or maybe the recording.
-The kicks in some bits (moreso at the beginning) are a tad weird... Don't know exactly why, but I think it might be the volume, then the compression muddies it up. The song volume overall is a little bit low so I can't be sure.

Of course, that's only on the production part, the music itself sounds pretty damn great. Will there be vocals or it's an instrumental?

I can agree on some things, My rig is not worth more than 5000$ including guitar and computer so I have pretty basic stuff.
Depends alot of what your used to listen to, I like a mix that is not so trembly that leans against your ears so to speak and I want that sound on this one.
I have a good poductionskilled pal that will take a look at it before mastering so it will be alright. Personally I like the sound of it now already.. :x

Thanks! I want it to have vocals that goes along with the story, it's written instrumentally tho so I'll make a instrumental release aswell.
Take care!
#306326 by Quantumleaper
Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:57 am
I agree that a super-trebly mix kinda hurts the ears, but looking at albums like Deconstruction, which tend to be more on the bass side, they still have a nice range.
Buuuuuuuuuuut if you like it better the way it is, go for it! There should be other ways to get the sound cleaner.
(but if you do, you might want to level the hats up a bit, as I said, they sound a bit too low on the mix)