A place to share your own music and creative projects.
#311529 by lacozikoni
Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:01 am
Hi Aleksi,

Beautiful melodies in your song Aleksi ! I'm not accustomed to listen to piano solo, but I greatly appreciated the changes around 2 minutes 30 seconds. Many passages have beautiful atmosphere... The ending of the song is original too. (yes I listened the song until the end, lol). Very good work for a first full song ! :mrgreen:
#311530 by aleksi
Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:23 am
Thanks! I posted it on reddits r/piano and got some great feedback on it that I completely agree with.

I quantized it too much, it sounds too mechanical. A key change wouldn't hurt. Maybe I should've went further with the 2.30 part? Right now this it could be called d-minor in d-minor or something. :roll:
#311612 by lacozikoni
Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:30 am
aleksi wrote:Thanks! I posted it on reddits r/piano and got some great feedback on it that I completely agree with.

I quantized it too much, it sounds too mechanical. A key change wouldn't hurt. Maybe I should've went further with the 2.30 part? Right now this it could be called d-minor in d-minor or something. :roll:

I think it is better to avoid to quantize :wink: Personally I think that it is more interesting to "rely" on his own listening, although/even if it is necessary to "rework" some notes manually... The most important thing is to get out the emotions & transmit them as much as possible... And it works pretty well with your song!
#311805 by LicoriceLain
Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:37 am
aleksi wrote:
LicoriceLain wrote:Far better than hearing the usual Christmas songs.

Lol. Years from now when I finally get it finished, this quote will be on the back of my first album. :D

Brilliant. :lol:
#312017 by CutManMetal
Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:40 am
I'm of the opinion that quantization and mechanical perfection can be beautiful, so it depends on what you're going for. I thought this
was pretty breath taking. Great work, great musicianship!
#312056 by JuZ
Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:10 pm
CutManMetal wrote:I'm of the opinion that quantization and mechanical perfection can be beautiful, so it depends on what you're going for. I thought this

I agree, it just depends on what you're trying to achieve.

Lovely work aleksi!
#312145 by aleksi
Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:54 am
JuZ wrote:
CutManMetal wrote:I'm of the opinion that quantization and mechanical perfection can be beautiful, so it depends on what you're going for. I thought this

I agree, it just depends on what you're trying to achieve.

Lovely work aleksi!

There's like 4 automated tempo decelerations, i tried to make it sounds human. Even though this song didn't end up where I intended it, I learned a lot while making it.

Thank you guys so much. This thread has been a big confidence boost :D