A place to share your own music and creative projects.

Do you like it?

N/A
N/A
50%
50%
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
#31153 by Sinkharmony
Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:08 pm
Just figured I'd pimp my new song out and get some feedback. It's pretty weird in some parts and utilizes a bunch of different sounds.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/fractalmusic.htm

It's called "Eclectic". Download or stream the Hi-res version, the lo-res sounds like ass.

If anyone likes it or wants to give me some advice, I appreciate any feedback. Thanks!
Last edited by Sinkharmony on Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#31180 by fragility
Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:21 pm
Once again, great stuff, pretty unique :) wasn't sure when that guitar riff came in at the start, but its grown on me, i can see what you're going for i think

#31211 by Sinkharmony
Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:04 pm
:D

I'm glad you see what I'm going for because I'm not sure I always do. In a way having so many influences kinda makes it hard for me to commit to writing one sort of music. Essentially, I guess I want to make music that like you mentioned "grows" on people. In my experiences the bands and albums I end up liking the most are the ones I don't really get the first time. Sometimes it's something I don't like initially or something that I kinda like but in either case when I come back to it after several listens I appreciate it more.

I'm definately not saying I'm there yet or even close, but that is what I hope to be able to do someday.

#31237 by Sinkharmony
Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:02 pm
Ok, I guess Soundclick is back in buisness after being down for most of the day.

#33120 by boogie
Sat Jun 26, 2004 3:56 am
this is cool! I didn't expect that kind of weird stuff when I saw the genre name... the "brass" breaks had me smile. I like unpredictable stuff.

If that was my song, I'd say, "this is the rough mix". I would work on the mix some more. Drums could be stronger, more kicking. They are sorta drowned by the voice, which I'd mix a little further back in the mix. The whole thing could be more compressed and louder. While I don't condone the "loudness war" going on in mastering today, but some compression and limiting wouldn't hurt, I think.

Sounds like you had great fun creating this piece!

cheers

Tammo

#33161 by Sinkharmony
Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:59 am
boogie wrote:this is cool! I didn't expect that kind of weird stuff when I saw the genre name... the "brass" breaks had me smile. I like unpredictable stuff.

If that was my song, I'd say, "this is the rough mix". I would work on the mix some more. Drums could be stronger, more kicking. They are sorta drowned by the voice, which I'd mix a little further back in the mix. The whole thing could be more compressed and louder. While I don't condone the "loudness war" going on in mastering today, but some compression and limiting wouldn't hurt, I think.

Sounds like you had great fun creating this piece!

cheers

Tammo

Thanks for the compliment! It is a rough mix and I have tweaked it a little bit since I finished it. I compressed the guitars a bit and brought down the vocals in the mix. I haven't touched the drums much, but perhaps I'll tweak em a little bit and put up a new mix in the future. It certainly was a fun song to do and I liked working with the different instrumentation and textures.