A place to share your own music and creative projects.
#88230 by Guest
Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:08 am
My band, S. P. E. , is alive and well.

In Studio
We've finished composing . . . Irony . . . and will be booking studio time soon. I'm very pleased with the guests we've lined up.
Live
A certain band known by the initials S. o. B. opted to live up to that name in July. Not only were we knocked off the bill at our debut gig; we were also screwed out of the make-up. The upside is the guitarist and backing vocalist we recruited for the shows worked out so well they're now a permanent part of S. P. E.

Label hunt
Honestly, I ceased caring about getting signed five minutes into our first composition session. If someone comes along, fine. If not, we'll stick to lossless torrents and handmade packages. Honestly, the only thing marketable about us is some of the folks we're working with.

#88303 by funny_little_guy
Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:02 pm
Knocked off the bill at your debut gig? Wow that sucks, I;d die if that happened to me. Good luck in the studio dude. Can't wait to hear something of it, if you ever feel like posting it.

#88384 by Blazingmonga
Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:16 am
You gotta website Greg? Does S.P.E stand for anything? What kind of music is it?

Questions! I'm always asking questions.

#88424 by Guest
Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:54 pm
@FLG: The gigs were clusterfucks. First one, headliner got 13 minutes before they cut the power. Second, headliner no-showed and I got word upon arrival @ the normal time.
Samples aren't that likely. You see... we compose really long songs and don't know how to do this "brief extract" business (see also: the 80 minute "single")

@BLZINGMONGA: We're a "Doom Collective." Other than being dark and depressing, there's no real limitations on what we do. Hell, we're so Metal we didn't have a guitarist until a year after our conception.
The name comes from this rather interesting story that doesn't translate so well into standard English. So rather than deal with "LOLZ URA JOKE BAND" b. s., we go by the initials.
And about that website business... we'll see. A lot of people are getting involved. Chances are one of them continued studying HTML after '96. I debated myspace but that whole song length thing kind of makes the thing useless.