Los Bad Guy Os friendly metal talk
#72669 by 7lights
Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:00 pm
So Ross is finally over his flu and cough and is ready to resume tracking vocals. I'm heading in this moring to meet the evenlight crew. It should be good times ahead.

It's been a crazy week at the studio. In studio 1 we have Ryan Vancan'tspellitrightnow laying down drums from NHL. I pocked my head in to annoy them a couple times and it sounds like some crazy shit going down, Ryan is doing a killler job though.

In studio 3 we have Devin producing Darkest Hour. Beavis and I were listning to some of their stuff and those guys have some killer guitar riffs. I've never heard them before so it'll be cool to hear it all come together.

Both Beav's black custom Les Paul with EMG's and my Northwood custom bass are being used on Darkest Hour's record, which is pretty cool I think. Those 2 guitars have appeared on many records this year including Strapping, The Heavils, Savanah, Misery Signals (I think, can't remember if used my bass or not..) and many more I am forgetting about :)

But coolest guitar in the evenlight club though I think is the black ESP Explorer Beav aquired from Devin. Not only has been on SYL tours and records, it was once owned and toured by James Hetfield before it became Dev's. We figure around the Justice for All period, which is one of my fav albums of all time, eveytime I play that guitar secretley I'm like "kick ass James played Justice for All on this!!"

And finally upstairs in my humble studio we are still obsessing over our new record. We are being careful stick to our guns about producing a raw sounding record. There were no click tracks or heavy editing on this, and being an editor myself, I have to step away sometimes before I go crazy and make everything perfect :)

So it's been a cool All in the Family Metal takeover at the studio, I wish it would happen more often........

Later
:scott:

#72676 by Blazingmonga
Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:41 pm
Heh! That sounds awesome!

I wish I could come along and check out all these bands and make everyone cups of tea and coffee, that would rock.

I didn't know Dev's black ESP used to be owned by Hetfield! Is that the same one I can see in the Ocean Machine REPLACE? And the Detox video?

Thanks for the update Scott, I still cant wait to hear this record. I haven't heard from Ross in ages, I hope that he is doing ok aswell.

Awesome!

-David
#72685 by Drumdude13
Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:02 pm
7lights wrote:So Ross is finally over his flu and cough and is ready to resume tracking vocals. I'm heading in this moring to meet the evenlight crew. It should be good times ahead.

It's been a crazy week at the studio. In studio 1 we have Ryan Vancan'tspellitrightnow laying down drums from NHL. I pocked my head in to annoy them a couple times and it sounds like some crazy shit going down, Ryan is doing a killler job though.

In studio 3 we have Devin producing Darkest Hour. Beavis and I were listning to some of their stuff and those guys have some killer guitar riffs. I've never heard them before so it'll be cool to hear it all come together.

Both Beav's black custom Les Paul with EMG's and my Northwood custom bass are being used on Darkest Hour's record, which is pretty cool I think. Those 2 guitars have appeared on many records this year including Strapping, The Heavils, Savanah, Misery Signals (I think, can't remember if used my bass or not..) and many more I am forgetting about :)

But coolest guitar in the evenlight club though I think is the black ESP Explorer Beav aquired from Devin. Not only has been on SYL tours and records, it was once owned and toured by James Hetfield before it became Dev's. We figure around the Justice for All period, which is one of my fav albums of all time, eveytime I play that guitar secretley I'm like "kick ass James played Justice for All on this!!"

And finally upstairs in my humble studio we are still obsessing over our new record. We are being careful stick to our guns about producing a raw sounding record. There were no click tracks or heavy editing on this, and being an editor myself, I have to step away sometimes before I go crazy and make everything perfect :)

So it's been a cool All in the Family Metal takeover at the studio, I wish it would happen more often........

Later
:scott:

Yup......Metal takeover at Greenhouse is right !!!!

I just got back from there. Finished up the Non-Human Level recording....while Dev pounds "Darkest Hour" into the ground and "Evenlight" is laying down some bad-ass vocals !!!! This "Evenlight" album will kick some major ass, I'm blown away with the performances, production....weed....uhmmm :twisted: You guy's are in for a treat !

Good times at Greenhouse Studios ! I could'nt agree with you more Scot !

#72695 by Devinaddicted_Nils
Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:43 pm
Blazingmonga wrote:
I didn't know Dev's black ESP used to be owned by Hetfield! Is that the same one I can see in the Ocean Machine REPLACE?
-David

afaik it's not the same. Beav has 2 of em. The Hetfield one and the one Dev used on Ocean Machine...or maybe I didn't get Beav right? Clear it up, Beav!!!!

I also thought it over the other day. James used white Explorers during the Justice-Tour. I bet this one was used at the "Wherever we may roam"-Tour, as he started using black Expl. since then.

#72699 by beavis christ
Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:45 am
Devinaddicted_Nils wrote:
Blazingmonga wrote:
I didn't know Dev's black ESP used to be owned by Hetfield! Is that the same one I can see in the Ocean Machine REPLACE?
-David

afaik it's not the same. Beav has 2 of em. The Hetfield one and the one Dev used on Ocean Machine...or maybe I didn't get Beav right? Clear it up, Beav!!!!

I also thought it over the other day. James used white Explorers during the Justice-Tour. I bet this one was used at the "Wherever we may roam"-Tour, as he started using black Expl. since then.

Yeah those are different guitars, you got it right.
And I also agree I think it was the black album period.

#72700 by Devinaddicted_Nils
Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:04 am
However Beav...it's a guitar you can be proud of and we all others very jealous :D

You know, if you were my neighbour, I'd break into your house, overpower you, handcuff you in the cellar, rape your dog...(uhm...forget about that:D) and steal that guitar. Oh yeah, I'd take the EMG's out of your Les Paul and put it into mine :lol:

#72991 by Jack Sparrow
Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:40 pm
...then, after all this fuss I would be back home and drink a good waterdrink - proud of myself - when I'd suddently realise that I forgot the MOST important... The guitar :lol:

#73026 by Devinaddicted_Nils
Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:36 am
Viv...you're da man...that'd be my most intensive fear!!! :lol: