Los Bad Guy Os friendly metal talk
#75850 by 7lights
Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:51 pm
So I'm sitting here mixing as I type, I'm burning a snare down through some gear and as my attention span is less than the length of our song I thought I'd give you folks an update.

I'm mixing the 4th song on the record right now. I'm digging the way it sounds, the rest of the gang hasn't heard it yet, but they're coming down in a couple days to hear the monster I'm creating.

Here is the tentative song list:

1 Nothing
2 Lil' Squanch
3 I Know You
4 How it is (working title havn't figured that one out yet :) )
5 Maimsteen
6 Pay
7 Dirty Whore

The Continental Breakfast

8 The Begining
9 Wrong Song
10 U as U
11 The Edge
12 Pocket Watch
13 Home

14 Midnight High

The first half of the album is pretty punishing rock, then it moves into the Breakfast. We had to get this one out of our systems, it's one of mine and Dave's favorite songs.

Basically it's a 20 min long song divided in 6 different sub songs that change in mood from start to finsih, but it's all one story. The only break in music will be the start of Pocket Watch.

Midnight High is an instrumental. We recorded the drums at midnight, and we were a little bit high when it went down (as opposed to the rest of the record :roll: ). So from then on we made a point of tracking parts for it at midnight. There is a killer keys solo by Vivian Lalu on it as well. You'd never know it was keys though, he played it like a guitar and I put tons of distortion on it, sounds way too cool, everyone whose heard can't believe it's keys!

Well the snare is done so it's my time to get back to work.

Until next time......
#75863 by hairy
Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:07 am
7lights wrote:

1 Nothing
2 Lil' Squanch
3 I Know You
5 Maimsteen
6 Pay
7 Dirty Whore

the right spelling is Malmsteen...

sorry... I'm being stupid...
:twisted:

#75869 by hairy
Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:34 am
Do you already know which song will be spread on the net to make the album popular?

When can we expect a first listen of it?

#75870 by Coma Divine
Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:44 am
Man, this is getting tastier all the time!
A "Continental Breakfast" suite? Evenlight do "Tales From Topographic Oceans"! :D

7lights wrote:no no my spelling is correct. When you did what we did to that song, trust me it's Maimsteen :lol:
:lol: :lol: Hand me my chainsaw!
#75890 by BlueRaja
Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:08 am
hairy wrote:
7lights wrote:

1 Nothing
2 Lil' Squanch
3 I Know You
5 Maimsteen
6 Pay
7 Dirty Whore

the right spelling is Malmsteen...

sorry... I'm being stupid...

Haayyy...you stole my stupid joke!

#75891 by 7lights
Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:16 am
well, the since I've havn't sent out any promotional, it hasnt' leaked to the net yet I'm afraid, and those who have copies have been threatend with death!! :flame: :mario: :lol: I don't want it getting out before we all deem it to be perfect.

As far as release date goes, I would have it up very soon, but now that some people have heard it, they are starting to take more seriously and hopefully we can get a little more coverage. So basically I'll know in a few weeks whats going on but I want to get it out ASAP, so no worries I'm on it!

#75926 by mo
Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:53 pm
Good work man.

I can't wait till someone I know buys it so I can burn it off them ;)

#75927 by 7lights
Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:02 pm
:lol: perfect, as long as the burned copy is the final master....

#75930 by mo
Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:58 pm
7lights wrote::lol: perfect, as long as the burned copy is the final master....

does that mean you're ok with me also selling copies of the burnt copy? SWEET! :lol:

#76164 by hairy
Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:32 pm
7lights wrote:Hey Mo, I got something for ya...... hmmmmm I know I left it around here somewhere.....

OH HERE IT IS :fuck: :twisted:

you made my day.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#76181 by mo
Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:57 pm
7lights wrote:Hey Mo, I got something for ya...... hmmmmm I know I left it around here somewhere.....

OH HERE IT IS :fuck: :twisted:

Dude you dropped this :fuck: you can have it back now ;)

#76191 by hairy
Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:28 am
7lights wrote:Thanks man, I must have lost it while I was making sweet swet love to you significant other and or parent. :lol:

Surrounded by gay people... I'm scared...

I thought I was funny with my "What are you listening to" just above...