The place to speak about Ryan Van Poederooyen projects

#60224 by Coma Divine
Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:29 pm
Drumdude13 wrote:The bottom line is that I (DTB included) want to come across as just another one of your bro's and make awesome music for you guy's, I would never want to turn into a fuckhead rockstar. I'm the same at live show's when we are on the road. If I'm around, come up and say "Wassup", have a beer with me.....it's all good.
Should the DTB ever hit our sunny shores, then I Sir, shall hold you to that.

:drink:

#60256 by Drumdude13
Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:04 pm
Coma Divine wrote:
Drumdude13 wrote:The bottom line is that I (DTB included) want to come across as just another one of your bro's and make awesome music for you guy's, I would never want to turn into a fuckhead rockstar. I'm the same at live show's when we are on the road. If I'm around, come up and say "Wassup", have a beer with me.....it's all good.
Should the DTB ever hit our sunny shores, then I Sir, shall hold you to that.

:drink:

I welcome it and look forward to it bro ! :drink:

#60504 by Spanky
Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:06 pm
Hey im from Victoria too, so i also would love to have a beer or two with ya Ryan

#60772 by Spanky
Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:53 pm
fucking cool dude!

#61245 by IamaFlukeintheworld
Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:06 am
For those of you who think that the guys in DTB and SYL are the unaprochable rockstar types WRONG...they are some of the coolest down to earth people you could ever meet and always willing to chat with a fan. And should u know a thing or two about there music they will chat with ya for as long as they are able. I have had the pleasure of having many chat with RVP and he is as cool as they get. oh and seeing as this is a question thread...

Is there a song in the Devy catalogue that you have taken as a personal favourite to play?

#61264 by Drumdude13
Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:19 am
IamaFlukeintheworld wrote:For those of you who think that the guys in DTB and SYL are the unaprochable rockstar types WRONG...they are some of the coolest down to earth people you could ever meet and always willing to chat with a fan. And should u know a thing or two about there music they will chat with ya for as long as they are able. I have had the pleasure of having many chat with RVP and he is as cool as they get. oh and seeing as this is a question thread...

Is there a song in the Devy catalogue that you have taken as a personal favourite to play?

Hey bro ! Good to hear from ya'. Hope thing's are going well at IHOP, I'll be in again soon enough ! Great question too.

To answer your question........... tough decision. I'd have to say it's a toss up between "Regulator" and "Earth Day". Both song's are so fun to play live, in the end, I'm probably leaning a little more to "Regulator", that song is heavy and has some fun Double Kick work that I've added to the song live, since joining the DTB. "Earth Day" would be a very close second though.

#67726 by steve_dave
Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:40 am
while we're on the subject of questions. I'm a drummer, self taught, but i don't have the means to set up my kit whenever i want, i really only get to practise on a kit once a week and that's with a band so, any suggestions for ANY kinds of exercises i can do to help me out? that goes for anyone who can offer assistance really.

#67733 by Drumdude13
Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:58 am
steve_dave wrote:while we're on the subject of questions. I'm a drummer, self taught, but i don't have the means to set up my kit whenever i want, i really only get to practise on a kit once a week and that's with a band so, any suggestions for ANY kinds of exercises i can do to help me out? that goes for anyone who can offer assistance really.

Yeah dude, buy a single practice pad ! Practice different rudiments on your pad, different patterns, ect... Practice them to a metronome as well. I'll usually put my practice pad on top of a table so i can tap my feet with what ever I'm doing as well. This is how i learn many of the sessions I do, if I can't get to my rehearsal space to practice. Make sure to put a towel or something underneath your practice pad to prevent it from sliding off the table !

If you can't get ahold of a practice pad.... play on a pillow. It's great exercise cuz you have to work a lot harder to get your beats and rudiments consistent. If you can get super consistent, fast and even on a pillow.....you'll be amazed at how easy some things can be on your drumkit. I know tons of drummers who do this and it works for them as well ! Hopefully some of these things help you, they work for me, to keep me consistent and I always can improve my drumming at home this way !
Have fun......... 8)

#67735 by Guest
Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:00 am
Drumdude13 wrote:I'm probably leaning a little more to "Regulator", that song is heavy and has some fun Double Kick work that I've added to the song live, since joining the DTB.

Fuck yes !!! This is awesome ... If you liked the song before this one is more heavy now with Ryan Drums parts

#67738 by steve_dave
Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:15 am
Drumdude13 wrote:Yeah dude, buy a single practice pad ! Practice different rudiments on your pad, different patterns, ect... Practice them to a metronome as well. I'll usually put my practice pad on top of a table so i can tap my feet with what ever I'm doing as well. This is how i learn many of the sessions I do, if I can't get to my rehearsal space to practice. Make sure to put a towel or something underneath your practice pad to prevent it from sliding off the table !

If you can't get ahold of a practice pad.... play on a pillow. It's great exercise cuz you have to work a lot harder to get your beats and rudiments consistent. If you can get super consistent, fast and even on a pillow.....you'll be amazed at how easy some things can be on your drumkit. I know tons of drummers who do this and it works for them as well ! Hopefully some of these things help you, they work for me, to keep me consistent and I always can improve my drumming at home this way !
Have fun......... 8)

Excellent, thanks alot, and thanks for your speedy reply as well.. beers are on me next time you come anywhere near london... milton keynes if possible *wish* hehe

#68884 by EternalMetal
Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:35 am
it has not been mentioned, but what songs can you play from SYL?

#68888 by Drumdude13
Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:57 pm
EternalMetal wrote:it has not been mentioned, but what songs can you play from SYL?

Thats actually a great question bro.....

I have never full out jammed a full song with Dev cuz when we rehearse or write, Devin is in full DTB mode not SYL mode.....but I have screwed around with playing song's like Oh my Fucking God (cool drum intro), Detox, Rape song, All Hail the New Flesh, Aftermath, Consequence....there are others that I like jammin' to. Sometimes Bryan (DTB guitar player) and I will jam out SYL song's for fun when we're waiting for Dev to show up at rehearsal. I don't think I've ever full out learn't an SYL song. I'm usually too busy with the DTB or session work. I can scramble my way thru the song's I've mentioned by how much I've listened to them....I'm a fan !

Then theres some SYL song's where it's just best to let Gene and only Gene play them ! :lol:
Last edited by Drumdude13 on Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#68908 by EternalMetal
Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:15 pm
I would love to go to one of these DTB jam sessions :)

#85694 by IamaFlukeintheworld
Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:42 am
ACTUALLY...

That's frickin Brilliant !

Hey Ryan is there any chance of say the DTB doing a open kind of jam thing perhaps here in Vancouver during the recording sessions ? I know it is not normal by any means but Dev and the DTB aren't exactly a normal band. They have a conection with their fans that is truly unreal and totaly special...

What do ya think ?